Mossback legends of the fall 07

Bearman, NONE, not one of mossbacks animals are high fence or ranch animals. All are free ranging animals with most on public ground. Yes most, of the hunters can't hunt on their own. Thus the need for a guide. Nobody questions that. A few are good hunters who have the luxury of money and can afford arguably the best hunting service around.
There is much talk about Finder fees. I will dispell this myth here and now. Yes some hunters (or to save an argument, people with tags) offer a finders fee. This to my knowledge has never been paid. The first reason being Guides on Mossback payrole are not eligble for finders fees from Mossback clients as they are already being paid to hunt for that clients animal. Second any Tom, ##### or Harry that has showed up with video of an animal deserving a finders fee is a day late and dollar short as the animal has already been seen by a Mossback guide. So really the finder fee thing is a bunch of hype that never really happens. However there are many anti finder fee fellers out there. I suspect they have never seen a 400+ bull elk or a 220+ buck on the hoof. I also suspect if they had the chance to cash in on the large sum that is sometimes offered they would. Its just so easy when you have never seen that caliber of animal and probably never will to say you wouldn't. In some cases i.e. You or a buddy have a tag for said unit I can see turning it down, other than that is would say your a liar.
I'm done with this Mossback nonsense.

Wasn't this post about a video?

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

bearman (10 posts)
Apr-10-08, 12:14 PM (MST)
90. "RE: Mossback legends of the fall 07"
What a joke to think they are the top or best hunters , they may be good or not but there are thousand of hunters out there and some that are the best at what they hunt and no one will ever know them. Any one who kills an animal with a guide who bought the tag and payed thousands to anyone that found a big bull or deer should not be allowed in b&c Or pope&young that is not fair chase. And I have taken lots of big animals and would match my hunting with them any day. Hunting is getting turned into a rich sport that is wrong.
Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

I hit remove instead of reply... Sorry.. Here is post 90..

I want you to know Bearman that I totally disagree with you. I wrote up a big response but this is just not really worth responding to... I wanted to put your post back however.

Apparently bearman doesn't want too answer my question about the fence thing either, maybe the question made him realize how stupid his statement about fair chase was??

Bearman, i am also a guide for one of the biggest, oldest and most successful outfitters in the world of trophy hunting for big game animals.

Unlike Mossbacks operation (of whom i have the utmost respect for ALL it's employee's, some of who are even relatives and some of my closest friends) our hunts are done on private "ranches" (CWMU's) and indian reservations.

For you to insinuate that these qualify as "non fair chase" is a slap in the face and really shows your lack of knowledge in the hunting world. Yes ALL ranches have fences, they are about 4' tall my friend, and can't even hold back a common wild "free roaming" gopher, nor are they meant too.

In case your wondering what their purpose is, it's mostly a property marker, and a livestock keeper. I have yet to see a mule deer, elk or moose even bat an eye at a fence when they DO cross them day in and day out, over and over again.

You said you have killed a bunch of big animals in your days and helped many others as well?
Are you going to try to me that you have never crossed a barbed wire fence that is on public ground while YOU are out "guiding" your buddies or hunting for yourself?

Bet ya can't say "no"!
And if you HAVE crossed a fence to kill an animal and it just happen to make book....i suggest you call B&C or P&Y and have it removed because it was not "fair chase" in your eyes. :)

Good luck with this one!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

This has went so far off what was said. I was born and raised in the county and do not need told what a fence is. I give you are the best sweet dreams.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-08 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]haha! Someone could post a thread with the subject "MossBack" and nothing else and its certain to hit 100 replys... I just shake my head seeing where this thread started and where it ended.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

What happend to post 88 Brandon????

Just jumping into this thread. Alot of you seem to hate Doyle's boys. I don't care for alot of things Doyle does but when I get my permit I'm going to look for Doyles boys cause they Already know where the big ones are so I'll either screw up his hunter or shoot the bull before they do. We'll see where this goes.

Ouch, this could make for a wild ride.....let me grab some popcorn and get comfortable.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Popcorn will make you FAT!

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

I hope so!!!

That way i can just let YOU pack out that big stinky this fall, Pro, and i'll sit my fat arse up on the hill and talk to ya on the radio to see how your making out!! Lol

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Wow mgstokes. Do you think your the first Utah DIYer to come up with that idea. Half the freakin yahoo's with tags are already doing that. Hasn't worked for any of them.

In an effort to keep this going here are my thoughts.

I think you Utah residence should stop arguing and put that energy into your wildlife. Be very happy your even having this conversation, stop your bitchin. You have an elk herd that is unequaled. It keeps on churning out big bull after big bull. If I could I would trade you Oregons herd, which is managed for hunting opportunity and not quility.

As for the Mossback videos I have all of them except the last. I get tired of the same fellows dustin the big bulls, but they are only playing by the rules set by the state. If I had that kind of money I would do it to. You should know it is the best interest of Mossback and all guides to keep a healthy elk herd and they are only helping the rest of us to sustain a healthy herd.Do you think they have any pull with the wildlife board?

As for the guides they are the real hunters, it is their job and they deserve alot of credit for what they do. As for blocking roads and running elk off. It happens everywhere.

If your DIY then so be it. I have done DIY in nearly every Western state, but if I ever pull a Utah bull tag money or not I'm getting a guide. Pro though I may argue with you as to whether or not your clients are better hunters that the average guy on this site. Although if there like that Dickerson guy that went with Mossback a few years ago you may be correct.

Intersting reading. I support Mossback making and selling videos of great bulls. What this indicates to me is that everyone has different ethics. Most, if not all of these guided hunters could not harvest the quality of animal they can with a guide. That being said, most, if not all, could not even acquire the tag without buying it. Whether or not you like the videos, these are the people that are getting the tags and killing the biggest animals. If you don't like it, go to your state wildlife commission meeting and try to get the system changed. I suppose I should have worked harder and become a doctor, lawyer, dentist, etc., so I could afford to buy the tags and hire the guides in order to hunt huge animals every year. Hopefully, your state wildlife departments are using the money from these tags for the benefit of wildlife.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-08 AT 11:36PM (MST)[p]isayNUNYA

> Wow mgstokes. Do you think
>your the first Utah DIYer
>to come up with that
>idea. Half the freakin yahoo's
>with tags are already doing
>that. Hasn't worked for any
>of them.
>

really? it hasn't? kinda naive to think that.

i know for a FACT that it has happened, elk mostly, but do you remember a "Hulk hogan buck" from the henries? that is a perfect example

and I LOVE IT EVERTIME a joe shoots one of "their" animals.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-08 AT 06:23AM (MST)[p] Good for Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom