mossback outfitters vs clear creek

deweyL

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-16 AT 01:06PM (MST)[p]so I drew an archery tag for limited entry diamond mtn this year. I have contacted a couple outfitters to weigh my options, so far clear creek outfitters have been very informative and nice and responded to any questions I had. I emailed as well as called mossback outfitters, and so far have not get an email back or a phone call back, I have tried several times by phone and sent at least 3 emails since the draw results have been released. its pretty sad they think that a diamond mountain tag isn't worth guiding I guess. I understand its not the Hennrys, but their are plenty of quality bucks in this unit, especially with only 15 archery tags. I did have one outfitter claiming to guide me for free for filming rights but never heard from him again, at first I thought he told me he worked for mossback but I must of heard him wrong, anyways, if you need any information for this unit in the future contact Cleer creek outfitters, they seem like good people. I'm still just trying to figure out what I should do. Bottom line, Mossback doesn't care for the little guys from what I can see. Anyone else have this experience? just for the record I am not sitting hear trying to bash anyone, I am just providing my personal experiences I have had with them so far. thanks

I wouldn't let Doyle guide me for free! I'm sure he has a lot of great guys guide for him but personally can't stand the guy.
hornkiller.jpg

Have you called any other outfitters besides those two? You might be surprised what u could come up with. There are a lot of outfitters that have plenty of network guys throughout the state. I would think that Hornkiller might have a name or two. Maybe.

hey guys thanks for the feedback so far, I have contacted a few other outfitters, but neither one guides that area, they both mainly guide down south, thinking about calling flying J outfitters

I swear I just read a Ricky Bobby post. You try and say you aren't here to slam anyone while slamming someone. This video is for you.

"With All Due Respect"

I know Mossback fills their schedule pretty quickly. I would think that they take a lot of hunts in the "very well known for trophy bucks/bulls" regions. So if your region is a ways away, it might be more difficult to put the resources in to scout the area. BUT.. They should at least reply to your email and tell you that. They are busy people, and it sucks that you haven't received a response. Goodluck, I hope you have a great time and get a toad.

Outfitters aren't always permitted throughout the whole state. Their areas are dependent on special use permits issued from the forest service districts and BLM. I don't know of any outfitter that is permitted to guide on every BLM and forest district in Utah. Being permitted on every district isn't practical or economical on a business standpoint unless you have multiple hunters for each area.

A simple email back explaining circumstance would be nice, but I would be willing to bet that he isn't permitted for that forest district since it's not one of the best units.

He's guiding bears in the remotes of Montana, so don't expect to hear from him until July. By then, your email will be buried so far down he may never see it.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments, perhaps you all are right, and he is so busy that he has not got to my email, but at least we all agree that he could at least reply and express that.

NR? Its June, that Unit is pretty centrally located, why an outfitter? Out of state I guess I get, but in state, never will understand.

Just do what the famous, glamorous, greatest hunters in the world like Doyle do. Drive by the high schools, let the kids know your paying $500 for the one that shows you the biggest deer, they will find it for you. I mean unless you have the $10k Doyle/Denny paid to show them the spider bull, then you might do even better.

Most of the fun of drawing these tags IMO is the experience, wandering the unit all summer checking it out I think is a lot funner than having someone tell you when and where.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

I wanted to let everyone know that I heard from a guy that said he was from mossback, so they did get back to me. kind of pricey versus what other outfitters have been quoting me. The guy on the phone was pretty nice though. anyways thanks everyone

TIKKA, usually most of the time. But I am curious why that hurt you so much. Are you always offended? I was just curious of his mindset, to me part of the fun of a new area is chasing around that area for a few months. Is that OK, or did the word "chasing" hurt your feelings? Hence why I asked if he was a NR right from the start, because that explains a lot. If the abbreviation NR OK, oh does it cause you a flashback to a rough patch in your childhood? Have a beer, or wine, or whatever doesn't cause you adverse emotion.

Now listen close TIKKA, R E A D.....S L O W L Y...,
I acutally think discussing what doyle charges vs. someone else when you looking for a guide is in poor taste. They charge what they charge, you called them, not the other way around. And, if you were hunting with him, I think you would be pissed if he was on the I phone checking messages and emailing when he should be doing what you paid him to do. WTF TIKKA, I defended Doyle???? Dude you gotta be spinning now huh?? OH but wait, the guy said doyles guy got back and was a good dude, so..... now what???

Well I guess we better just whip them out???

AHHHH, I know whips can be hurtful, are you ok?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-16 AT 05:09PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the reply hossblur you answered the question correctly!!!

"Edit was for miss spelling"

hey just to clarify I am not from out of state, been hunting my whole life in Utah, grew up in Lehi. Anyways I am just considering my options, not sure if I will hire a guide or not, there is a lot of variables. No need to fight guys, were all here because we love to hunt, and be outdoors right? Like I said, just waited a long time to hunt the unit, I basically have been up there every weekend since the draw results, just weighting my options

>hey just to clarify I am
>not from out of state,
>been hunting my whole life
>in Utah, grew up in
>Lehi. Anyways I am just
>considering my options, not sure
>if I will hire a
>guide or not, there is
>a lot of variables. No
>need to fight guys, were
>all here because we love
>to hunt, and be outdoors
>right? Like I said, just
>waited a long time to
>hunt the unit, I basically
>have been up there every
>weekend since the draw results,
>just weighting my options

Thanks Dew, that was why I asked. There wasn't some accusation or whatever, I was just curious about what you just said "weighing my options". Having read your part about Doyles guy calling back my initial reaction to "calling him out" for not calling back was proven wrong.

Sorry about one of my FAN BOYS jumping in. I have a couple of them, TRI and TIKKA. I give them signed posters, and backstage passes, but I'm afraid they want the whole groupie experience. Hopefully Bieber comes in concert soon so they can FAN BOY him for awhile.

And I will be honest, I actually looked at your post because of the Vs. part. I was hoping there was a cat fight you were gonna tell us about. Good luck on your hunt, be a VERY long couple of months till then!!!

Yes it will, it seems like the hunt cant come fast enough, but it also feels like I don't have enough time to prepare. I will keep everyone updated with pics next time I get to my tree cams and hopefully pics of a whopper buck. thanks everyone. And if anyone has any advice on the unit, I am still looking for any advise. thanks guys

deweyL,
I sure wish I new more about your unit after I high jacked this thread with that self made hero hossblur... He's such a teen idle just ask him... Well enough about that jack azz... I have some friends out in the basin I'll touch base with to see what I can find for you.... Again sorry I derailed this thread for a moment...
Tikka

since you have time to scout id suggest just doing it diy!
Who cares if you could kill something 20" bigger going guided, save the thousands of dollars and kill whatever it is that YOU can personally find and kill!!

I agree, just trying to weigh my options, still not sure what I am going to do. just got back today, seems some pretty good bucks, there antlers are growing fast. going back up this coming weekend for the weekend, maybe I will have a better idea then of what I should od, Thanks everyone

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom