mountain lions

T

tawstaxidermy

We now can bring home our lions from other states and have them mounted here and display them . Right on gov.brown. I thought I would never see this happen. Now Iam going lion hunting in Idaho, and already have my oregon lion tag, game on.

WOW! I like that common sense thinking,maybe a season here in CA.? Hang'em HIGH! Thank's for that info. 264 mag

...hmmm...unless you are a museum, school, or government agaency governor moonbeam did nothing for you.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Your information is being misinterpreted.....you better double check!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Sorry, but private individuals still can't bring lions back to Ca....didn't mean to be unclear.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-11 AT 09:14AM (MST)[p]This is a copy/paste of the same reply I posted to the thread in the HUNTING section here on the same topic:

Hmmmm. Are you sure about that?

Last I heard, the change to the bill pemits MUSEUMS and other non-profits to do it, not the general public. Was that changed?

Jerry Brown may have warned lawmakers that he has a veto pen and isn't afraid to use it, but that didn't stop him from approving a bill that allows museums and nonprofits display dead mountain lions.

On Friday, the governor signed SB769, sponsored by Sen. Jean Fuller (R-Bakersfield), which overturns a 1990 ballot measure mandating dead animals be stored with the Department of Fish and Game. According to the Sacramento Bee, operators of a Kern County museum can finally display a dead mountain lion that's been sitting in the freezer for years as officials grappled with the existing law.

SB 769 (Fuller)
Mountain lions: display, exhibition, or storage.
Proposition 117, an initiative measure approved by the electors at the June 5, 1990, statewide primary election, enacted the California Wildlife Protection Act of 1990. The act establishes that the mountain lion is a specially protected mammal under the laws of this state, and makes it unlawful to take, injure, possess, transport, import, or sell any mountain lion or any part or product thereof. The act establishes certain exemptions from that prohibition. The act prohibits the Legislature from changing the act, with specified exceptions, except by a 45 vote of the membership of both houses of the Legislature and then only if consistent with, and in furtherance of, the purposes of the act.

This bill would establish an exemption for the possession of a mountain lion carcass or any part or product of a mountain lion carcass, if the carcass or carcass part or product is prepared or being prepared for display, exhibition, or storage, for a bona fide scientific or educational purpose, at a nonprofit museum or government-owned facility generally open to the public or at an educational institution, if the mountain lion was taken in California consistent with the requirements of the act and any other applicable law and the department has authorized the possession. The bill would find and declare that the amendments made by the bill are consistent with, and further the purposes of, the act.

This bill would declare that it is to take effect immediately as an urgency statute.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-11 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]Volunteer to be a CA hunter education instructor. Im sure that would qualify as an "educational purpose". Im an HEI and I bet my students could learn alot from having a full body mount lion in class.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-11 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]>We now can bring home our
>lions from other states and
>have them mounted here and
>display them . Right
>on gov.brown. I thought
>I would never see this
>happen. Now Iam going lion
>hunting in Idaho, and already
>have my oregon lion tag,
>game on.

California is using the mountian lion like the usfws is using the wolve.
www.huntwolves.com www.lobowatch.com www.saveelk.com
www.giggameforever.com www.blackbearblog.com

click on any of these sites and educate yourself.
Pass it on ! or loose it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom