Mounting Peep sights?

shotgunjim

I'm new to Muzzleloading. I got a Triumph and been shooting it quite well. I thought I'd try using a peep sight. I got the Williams WGRS T/C Encore Omega. The guy where I bought it said that it would work on a Triumph. I looked on Williams web site and I didn't see a WGRS specifically for a Triumph so I assume he is right. So my question is where do you mount the Peep sight? The screw holes where the rear factory sight is(about half way up the barrel) doesn't line up with the Williams sight but the scope mount screw holes back by the breech do. Is that where you're suppose to mount Peep sights?

Yep, mount in on the rear screw holes (closer to your eye)

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Texas Hunter, is that the same Williams sight that you recommended earlier on MM. I intend on purchasing a peep sight for my TC Encore to be used this September on a cow hunt in Colorado. Awhile back, you informed us which front sight and which rear sight you would purchase. Thanks, Cow Tag

yep, same one:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...abelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form23

However, I didn't like the peep appeture that came with the sight. Not big enough. I guess you could just drill it out bigger and that would probably work, but I ordered a "twilight hunting peep" direct from Williams (about $10) Has a bigger appeture and a brass ring to help make it show up better in low light.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I actually like the military style post better than any bead as a hunting front sight, and the old sourdough style too. Why doesn't anyone make a rifle front sight like that anymore, they are pretty much all round beads now?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom