Moving to Montana

silverlake176

I'm looking to move to Montana. I'm an Eastern Oregon native that is sick of how the Western side of Oregon rules the rest of Oregon. So my question, is what city has the best employment opportunities in Montana? I have a college degree in Finance and would love to move to your state. I love to hunt for big mule deer, and rocky mt. elk. I also want to live a "rustic" Western lifestyle. So what part of Montana would be the best for me? Thanks for all of the advice.

Montana's covered with hippies, outfitters, wolves and farmers/ranchers on hand outs and blocking public land access.

People move from Montana to Eastern Oregon for the same reasons you'd like to come here. Montana's run by Buttians and Missoulians. There's no where to hide.

That said: if I was coming to MT I'd head for Helena. Not on I90, no big college town with idiots behind every tree, access to mountains, rivers and North Central prairies.

Jobs are where you find them. Don't apply. Go to the door and knock.

I agree with mtAL, there is no where to hide and we are covered with wolves.

SO you want "rustic", well thats everywhere except missoula, bozeman, and whitefish.

My 5 top places for various reasons:

Helena
White sulphur springs
Wisdom
Eastern rocky mountain front
the Hi-Line

I agree, stay off I90, thats where the majority live.

I hope you enjoy montana. I also hope you buy an existing home, there are plenty of them for sale. Every person who moves to montana seems to want to buy a piece of montana and build their "dream home" on it. That is why most of our elk and deer winter range is now peppered with new homes.

sorry realtors.

Shouldnt have trouble finding a nice place to buy, a job may be a different story however.
48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom