MT GOAT EXPERTS

wapitiwhistler

I went back up on Willard to do a little more scouting and this is what I found. I honestly think this is the tallest goat I have seen up there all summer. Im 99% possitive it's a nanny but tell me what you think. I honesty thought(at the time) she was 12" tall.

3329screen_shot_2013_07_29_at_10.jpg

9926screen_shot_2013_07_29_at_10-1.jpg

7700screen_shot_2013_07_29_at_10-2.jpg

>Looks like a nanny to me.
>I am no expert, but
>a billy would have more
>mass at the bases and
>would turn down the back
>sooner than the point of
>the horn.
>

+1
It's a helluva nanny! Might be a "book" goat.
Zeke

Nanny, and NOT a book goat. Much too thin and way to long, the quarter measurements will kill you. Look for a white buffalo, huge horse head, and giant front shoulders.

Looks 100% nanny to me. I know you said you dont care if it goes book or not but mass is a huge part of the score on goats. lenght is 1 measuerment and mass is 4. That being said, I hate to get caught up on score as a trophy is in the eye of the hunter.

Definitely a long horned nanny. You can see the girl parts and there aren't any male parts evident. Obviously there is a kid right next to her and I'm not sure if it would make it through the winter if it's mom was shot...hard to say?

Nice Nanny.

I doubt if it is 12", but it is very tall. I echo what was said earlier. Mass will help a score more than length. You need both for a book goat. A 9" billy with mass would score better than that nanny but the really tall horns are cool too. It's your once in a life time hunt, take whatever goat makes you happy. You'll look at your mount daily for life so shoot one that makes you happy and don't worry about others.

You kill that mom you are killing that kid too, of course it's your call but I would walk, yes she is tall, take a lesser goat that is obviously dry or better yet look for some balls before pulling the trigger.

Read "A Beast the Color of Winter" should be mandatory for every goat hunter, in fact for what they charge for tags the dow should staple your tag to the cover and mail both to you. Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

I had the nanny tag last year and talked the the wildlife biologist about the kid. He said that kid would be fine. Besides good luck trying to find a nanny without a kid up there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom