Mt. Lion Watching Me!Photo's

TheKnack

Very Active Member
Was out scouting and glassing the high meadows above me when I felt like something was watching me....Looked below my spotting scope and this rather large cat was checking me out 100 yards away.
First Mt.Lion that stuck around long enough for me to get pictures of. Is it me or does he look pissed?
Intstead of just dealing with other fellow human hunters this year now I have to worry about this guy getting some deer I am going after during archery season.
Was packing a pistol on this trip so I did not get too worried but I will not be on the major hike during the hunt.
If I do not come back from it....He did it!LOL
Best,
Jerry
1521lion20122.jpg

80lion20121.jpg

9053lion2012.jpg

3439lion201223.jpg

>wish i would of see him
>, with a pistol on
>me,,,

Don't be Jealous elkun!

He likes/eats the same kinda food you like!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

You better be careful on your archery hunt, she looks a little lean in the belly area.

RELH

Nice pics.

Last night, here around my house was a real show. Two of them kept calling and screaming back and forth. Don't know if it was some kind of mating thing, or territory dispute, but it was obnoxious. Just stood on my deck and listened for about 15 minutes.

That is a beautiful adult cat and there aren't that many people that get a good look at one in their lifetime. To get great pictures is even better to be able to share the moment with everyone---Thanks! I've been priviledged to see two in my hunts out in Wyoming. One rushed out of hiding and tried to run down a herd of elk I was watching from about 1/2 mile away. He was too far from them and quickly gave up the chase. The other was just several years ago that my buddy jumped out of a small cut and it loped up and across the hillside I was on in 6" of snow no more than 75 yards away broadside. It was as beautiful an animal as I've ever seen in the wild. That was before I started carrying a camera with me all the time and all I have is the memory. We backtracked him and found where he had laid up after following elk tracks from a small band of animals.

Very nice picture.

Here's my Lion story from just last year. I was sitting on the end of a lonely point in Arizona's unit 13B. The first rays of light were begining to form on the horizon. My glass was set on the tripod and I was staring intently to find the big Buck I knew to live in the valley below.

Foot steps quickly approaching from behind startle me and I crane my neck around to see what is coming. I catch a yellow blob coming quick out of the corner of my eye. Instinctively I grab the RELH knife on my hip and whirl around to face the beast. At 3 feet I come face to face with a yellow lab.

he likes/eats the same food as you' not if i put him on a lead diet,,,,i dont share with kittys cats, let him eat sheep. tame ones,,,,

works for doyle. doesnt like you in his hunting ground,,, they have that buck sold,,,

Tagattracter, I am sitting here and laughing my butt off. I bet the hairs on your neck came up fast thinking for a second that a big cat was going to have you for lunch.

I am glad you did not use my knife to slash a big lovable yellow lab. I have grandkids that would be pissed at me for selling knives to be used for dog slashing!!!!!

RELH

:)

To say I was frightened would be an understatement. I thought my days were over.

It was made even worse by the jokers in camp giving me grief over being brought to my knees by a dog.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-12 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]My brother and I actually ran into one elk hunting the only time I've had a tag for a cat in my pocket. What are the odds. I shot it at 20 yards. My brother was in front of me and had no clue the season was open and that I had a bought Idahos sportsman's pack that year. I still haven't told him, he thinks I was just saving his life.
6140cat_2.jpg

WOW! That is a beautiful cat. Looks to be in great shape as well. I have seen 2 in my lifetime out in the hills. They never have bothered me, so I leave them be. I walked up on a sleeping Tom under a Cedar Tree in a grove shed hunting is spring. He looked up, yawned, I talked really nice, and backed out real gently and quietly. Never even got up. Must have been full. lol
Excellent pictures and thanks for sharing.

looks well fed.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Hopefully he/she decides to depart the area before I hunt above there. One encounter was enough with that cat.
I would say it does look well fed...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom