MT Special Draws

kilowatt

The Special Draws for Elk are up on the Montana website as of now. I also drew a Special Elk (cow) tag for Unit 446.

So its either Elk for me this year, good luck to you whom ever have applied for these tags. Site said that Antelope will be out soon, probably in a week.

Brian

No bull tag for me in 798. That's 0 for the last 5 years....I did get my archery tag for the area, though....

Good luck to everyone else.

Nothing for me. I guess asking for a non resident rifle bull permit for unit 417 was to much. At least I will have more time to look for that big mule deer now. Good luck to everyone else.

Well I guess I got lucky...drew my archery tag for 632 in my first try. I'm new to elk hunting so I'm looking forward to the experience...any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ducdog

ducdog,

Pray for dry weather because if it rains you are stuck. Be prepared to get off the beaten path. Have a good plan to take care of the meat and cape if it is still in the dog days of summer. There are wildgame processors in Malta and Glasgow.

Nemont

Nemont,

I've been hunting the area off and on for the last 8 years or so for Mule Deer and yes I know if it rains I won't be getting around. Luckily my best friend has a cabin at the Pines, so I'll have a place to dry off if necessary. Most likely I'll be hunting solo with help a phone call away if I score. I'm getting really pumped. I'd like to get out to scout but not sure if time will permit. Most likely I'll spend a couple of days scouting/hunting when I get there, relying on past experiences while deer hunting and also I've been studing the maps and trying to formulate a game plan.

I'm glad to hear the area is getting some moisture. Eastern MT and the ranchers sure deserve it. Plus it helps most of the game out to. Now only if they could start holding some of the water in the res.

ducdog

didnt draw either my deer or elk tag. put in for the blackfoot-clearwater game range for both. wasnt really expecting the deer tag but figured i had a pretty good shot at the elk tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom