Mule deer mount

Tristate

Long Time Member
Rarely do I post these but thought yall would like this one.

262ppnm.jpg

2ijlx1g.jpg

cheers,

Ben

I thought that was sage brush above the eye. Sweet buck and awesome pedestal.

That was a Joe Coombs whitetail wall pedestal form originally. I alter the brisket to be like a muley and then I actually have a change out head here that I sculpted that I use for most of my southern mule deer.

Cheers,

Ben

I like the whole effect, very well done!

To be honest, i'm not sure why that surprises me...he probably gets lucky that one turns out like that once in awhile. ;-)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Who the Hell was the Taxidermist on that thing?

JUDAS!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Great looking mount. What's the story behind the cactus? Did he have a cactus in his eybrow when he was killed?
[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

Good looking Work, Very nice buck.
Same question as Jake's

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I stumbled on this deer while killing coyotes in an area nobody goes to look for deer. I watched him until dark walking from cholla to yucca to cholla just hammering each one. He was covered in cholla stems and thorns. The next day we brought in a deer hunter. It took all day to find him again and he got shot right before dark. Hunter gave me freedom on how to do mount and I really wanted to see him again with a cholla stem stuck to him much like I remembered finding him.

Thanks for the complements.

Nice work Ben. Next time I'm in Houston, I'll stop by and visit.

Hope you and your family are doing well and you have a few great hunts lined up for this fall.

Sounds great Lawrence. I'll take you for a proper plate of Mexican food. Hope you got a great tag this year. Look forward to swapping so muley stories.

Cannot believe you forgot to add the corn flinger to capture the memories...Since it is all about the memories ya know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom