mule deer rut activity

mdbrown

Long Time Member
i drew a garden valley muzzleloader deer tag. im looking for any sightings of rut activity anywhere in the state , i know its early, but just hearing about it will get me primed up . the tag is good for the 10th - 30th nov. Larry

buck I shot on the 26th was in full rut
this next week should be prime rut

This last week we noticed alot of the bucks were running with does the really smart old bucks still alone or staying within a few hundred yards of a group of does so they had time to escape

I saw 2 bucks yesterday. One buck wouldn't stop harassing one hot doe. The second buck just sat bedded alone by himself. He got up once to dig a little and laid back down.

saw really nice 5x6 buck chasing doe at the ada county landfill just before dark at bottom of the hill. let me get out of garbage truck and walk to about 40 yards trying to get a picture with my crappy flip phone from work. good luck!

We went up in our draw area yesterday outside Boise. No rutting at all. Saw 14 does, no bucks near them, we covered over 20 miles on Atv's before they closed the gates for the season

Young bucks are rutting.. either the big ones arent or there arent any around.

Seen rutting last 2 1/2 weeks. Killed one when he slip past me for a couple weeks and he made the fatal mistake of him on a doe. Seen some heavy activity yesterday also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom