Mule Deer Rut

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-12 AT 07:12AM (MST)[p]It should be a few more weeks (my experience) before they get cranked up in lower desert areas. Might see a little pre-rut action, but actual breeding is still a few weeks away.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Gonna head out to 37B the day after Christmas. I hope they are rutting then!

mule deer rut in the desert is almost like clock work always 1st to 2nd week in January, kind of like the whitetail hunt in iowa, always 1st to second week in november.

I have A archery Javelina tag in 37B so ill be out there then too!! Cant wait. Good luck to all.

Went out yesterday south east of phx in the desert and bucks were chasing does and one had about 10 does with him .

In some of the areas north and east of Kingman we are seeing bucks both with does and without.

Looks like its happening!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Bucks are in the rut! Some really nice bucks being seen (one 3 X 3 I saw a photo of has got to be over 32 wide!) No one has arrowed one around the Kingman area that I know of since New Year's, but many stalks have been made and a few arrows launched.

Some javelina have been bagged by archers in 18A and 18B. Think there are still tags available for those units, so if you're going out for archery deer, pick up a pig tag and double your fun!

Talked to a guy who was hunting the big mesa east of Wickieup, and he said he saw sheep but no pigs in two days up there.

So who knows..Going to be real cold this weekend.

You can't win if you don't play!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom