Muley down.

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-12 AT 03:53PM (MST)[p]Took out my nephew this week.Same old story not much rutting
and no snow to drive the big ones down.

For some reason Jacob dosent shoot my Tikka well.He was very comfortable using Aunt Joselles .243 which has been in retirement for the last couple years.

I had found a group of does last week.Opening morning found us finding those does and to my suprise they had a buck with them.
He was very smart and didnt stick around.Leaving his ladies behind never giving Jacob a shot.

Friday found us climbing up to the top of the mountain where we were greeted by a herd of elk which you can see in the background.And couple groups of does with no bucks.

SAM_0095.jpg

A view the other direction.

SAM_0096.jpg

This morning We went back to the area where we were opening morning.Walking down an old logging road.We were getting to the last opening when Jacob spotted this buck by himself right at the edge of the timber.

I got Jacob set up.And the old little .243 came out of retirement with a bark.At first I thought he had missed.
As the buck took off at a full run,only to colapse 50 yrds later.

SAM_0097.jpg

SAM_0101.jpg

Uncle Hopper and Jacob

SAM_0103.jpg

Heck of a buck! Considering the lack of snow and late rut you guys did really great. This dry spell is making me worry for my muzzy elk hunt this next weekend. These elk are gonna be dug in like ticks. Congrats on a very fine muley!

Congrats to your nephew Miguel. No doubt with his uncle educating him, he will be an outstanding hunter:)

Jimbo

Very nice Buck, Got to love those .243 they do get the job done.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Awesome buck and even better uncle :) congrats to all!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Congrat's

Nice job Miguel! You found the boy a fine buck. Is that in 52?
Merry Christmas to you and Jocelle. I have not forgot about the Cook book and Louisiana seasoning we spoke of. It's going to be after the new year.....I've been real busy at work.

Later Brother Man!
Scott

Once again great buck!

Merry Christmas, to you and Ms.Alaska.Tried calling you last week
but it went straight to voicemail.Will try again this next week.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom