Muzzy ibex question

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Does anyone know why they moved the muzzy Ibex hunt from February to early December?
Thanks
Bill

EvilNR, what a name Gary
Yes, Feb. has always fit my schedule, this will be the first year in a long time that I will not apply because now it conflicts with other stuff.
Bill

I think it had to do with not hunting in the Rut. Feb is the Rut for the IBEX and NM does not hunt any animal in the rut.

>I think it had to do
>with not hunting in the
>Rut. Feb is the Rut
>for the IBEX and NM
>does not hunt any animal
>in the rut.
Deer and Elk are hunted in the rut

>EvilNR, what a name Gary
>Yes, Feb. has always fit my
>schedule, this will be the
>first year in a long
>time that I will not
>apply because now it conflicts
>with other stuff.
>Bill

LOL!!!!, lets just say, NR's arent treated very well in the draws, esp. in NM.

They changed it because they wanted to do all the Billy draw hunts first(Rifle, Muzzy, Bow)and then have February free to do depredation hunts for nannies.

Travis

I figured someone with more knowledge would answer this question.

My uneducated guess is the following.

G&F eliminated the Nanny draw hunt which lasted all of October. They replaced it with an OTC and now a depredation hunt in February.

That allowed them to move some hunts around. They then moved the first archery season to October. They moved the youth hunt to Christmas vacation and the Muzzle hunt to early December.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom