My wife and I just got home from a summer scouting trip to Colorado

Whiterock

Very Active Member
We were looking at my elk hunting unit and surrounding area.Did not see many elk nor much elk sign but was really surprised at the amount of deer we saw. Some real nice bucks and two many does to count.what ever the DOW is doing ,it looks like it is working.
Thinking of trading my elk tag in for a deer tag ,the bucks I saw got me excited.Or maybe a muzzleloader tag for deer next year.
You that drew a NW Colorado deer tag this year,you should do well !

Started out in unit 4/441 then went down into 131/13 then went over to 231 and up to alittle bit of 14 north of Steamboat,then went down around Oak Creek and south to Yampa and the southwest side of unit 15.Great trip ! We had a great time.We never saw so many deer in years...great to see. Most were does with fawns but did see some nice bucks .Would like to see them when the velvet is off.Just a great trip !

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom