mz antelope hunt

bpnclark

Had a great time hunting in Idaho for antelope, but we were not able to take one home. The closest we got to a buck was 150 yards, and our average was around 200. We were shooting a old style 22? barrel cap gun, so we needed to get a little closer and couldn't. But we had a blast doing +6 stalks a day. Learned a lot about using a decoy, and how to hide with nothing to hide behind! We spent so much time using the decoys we named one.

rridaho.jpg

So thank you Idaho for a great time!!! And thanks smokepoler63!!! Your info really helped out!

I wish you guys could of got one but it sounds like you still had a great time. Good luck on any remaining hunts you guys might have this fall.

Thanks guys. I'm glad no one took my photo serious. The photos get worse when your depressed and have a iphone in the field....

1-4.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-4.jpg

Hilarious, got a good laugh from the pics. I got the doe tag for that unit for November, so I'll get some revenge for you.

Ryan, glad you had a great time. These goats can be very tough to get within range of. Sometimes letting them come to you is more effective than stalking, but I have a hard time sitting on stand very long. I'm not patient enough to sit in a blind in the heat all day.

I love your photos and sense of humor. Like I said in the email, the pronghorn in bordering units haven't been hunted yet. They won't stand around like that after the first few hours of Sep. 25th.

I'm glad I could help you out and that my info saved you time. Take care and good luck on your remaining hunts.

Smokepoler63, Eric

Sorry to here you did not bag a antelope. I know you had a ball anyway. Thanks for sharing. I have hunted the antelope with muzzleloader for the past three or four times in Wyoming and it does make it a interesting.

Buddies buck from tonight we have had multiple stalks mostly have ended in frustration.. and misses.... public and private
9655p9200139.jpg

8292p9200138.jpg

RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom