NE RAC

hogg_65

There was a Young Man with a public comment about the Myton Late Muzzleloader proposal. I would encourage anyone, to look that up on YouTube when it's available. He read a Report, that was very Accurate.

I think it’s awesome he participated in the public process and let his voice be heard. So whoever he is, congrats to him and I wish more people would do the same.

That being said, as far as the Myton hunt to try and help lower CWD prevalence, his comments totally missed the point. The whole idea is to hunt the crap out of bucks that are more likely to have and spread CWD in a hotspot area. We should be hunting them 365 days a year. Once the prevalence is down, I’m all for backing off. Until that point no buck “deserves” to be given a break and spread CWD. If CWD gets out of hand the whole state is at risk, not just a small group of deer in Myton. Those comments are incredibly shortsighted.

Let's Just Hunt These SONS-A-BITCHES Until They Are Extinct!

CWD Has Been around Forever!

It Would Have To Kill The Animal before the DWR Kills Them & They Ain't Gonna Let That Happen!

More BS Hunts that Will Turn In to Nothing But Big Money Hunts for a very Few!

KEEP KILLING AN ALREADY PISS POOR MANAGED DEER HERD!

I think it’s awesome he participated in the public process and let his voice be heard. So whoever he is, congrats to him and I wish more people would do the same.

That being said, as far as the Myton hunt to try and help lower CWD prevalence, his comments totally missed the point. The whole idea is to hunt the crap out of bucks that are more likely to have and spread CWD in a hotspot area. We should be hunting them 365 days a year. Once the prevalence is down, I’m all for backing off. Until that point no buck “deserves” to be given a break and spread CWD. If CWD gets out of hand the whole state is at risk, not just a small group of deer in Myton. Those comments are incredibly shortsighted.

Ya!

Let's Kill Them 365 Days a GAWD-DAMNED Year!

CWD Has Been in the Myton Area & Several other Areas In TARDville for Many Years!

And I Quote:

Once the prevalence is down, I’m all for backing off.

Gotta Be The STUPIDEST Comment of 2021!

UN-F'N-REAL how the GREED & STUPIDITY Has Set in!

You Wanna Make a Wager on this Deal Someday20"ER?

I'm Willing To Place a Money Bet With You!

Go Ahead & Kill Every F'N Deer on the Myton Unit/Area!

And I'll Bet You CWD is Still Here in The Basin!

But!

Maybe after You Kill Every F'N Deer in the Myton Area You Can Move Your BS Management Tactics To Other Areas & Decimate the Mule Deer In them Units as Well!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

Bess is absolutely right, CWD is not going anywhere.

We didn't use to have Lyme disease from Ticks here in the west either, nor can management hunts slow the spread of poor genetics, nor will boat checks stop Quagga Muscles.

We deal with it according as it is in our hands, unfortunately.

Wow!!!! This one takes the cake

Cwd can live in the soil for up to 15 years, and there has been cwd deer killed in most of the units in the state, all the ones bordering Colorado at any rate. Killing the deer doesn't stop the spread once it's here it's here to stay. Colorado's management plan is stupid, pretty sad Utah is following in its place.

We had a deer test positive above Vernal back in the 90's. What did the dwr do they shot hundreds of wintering deer and literally wiped out the whole area guess what we still got cwd today.

This idea you can kill off cwd is just stupid.

Cwd can live in the soil for up to 15 years, and there has been cwd deer killed in most of the units in the state, all the ones bordering Colorado at any rate. Killing the deer doesn't stop the spread once it's here it's here to stay. Colorado's management plan is stupid, pretty sad Utah is following in its place.

We had a deer test positive above Vernal back in the 90's. What did the dwr do they shot hundreds of wintering deer and literally wiped out the whole area guess what we still got cwd today.

It’s just like the Covid-19 mandates.., it’s not going anywhere either….

CWD is the most blown out of proportion “non-issue” that we are dealing with today. It’s the “Scam of the West” that has gotten state agencies to spend million upon million fixing a problem that doesn’t exist to any extent as it’s being portrayed.

A lot has been learned about CWD since they removed deer on diamond. Nobody is trying to get rid of it because they know it’s not possible. What they now know is possible, based on research done in Colorado, is that the prevalence can be reduced by targeting mature bucks. If you need to google and understand what the word prevalence is please do so. Nobody anywhere has said they’re going to get rid of it. It’s based of scientific research, and I’d much rather Utah bases it’s management on science than armchair biologists on MM any day.

A lot has been learned about CWD since they removed deer on diamond. Nobody is trying to get rid of it because they know it’s not possible. What they now know is possible, based on research done in Colorado, is that the prevalence can be reduced by targeting mature bucks. If you need to google and understand what the word prevalence is please do so. Nobody anywhere has said they’re going to get rid of it. It’s based of scientific research, and I’d much rather Utah bases it’s management on science than armchair biologists on MM any day.

Yeah Colorado really has it all figured out ?

What a joke.

I just came from Colorado, I have never seen so many healthy Deer in my life
Give it a couple more years of the slaughter fest they have just started.

I just came back too, never seen so many people happy to shoot a doe.

So SomedayA20"ER?

In 04 The DWR Was Checking Harvested Deer For CWD!

They Wanted to Check about 200 Deer!

And If They Didn't Achieve that Many by Checking Hunters/Hunters Turning them in,they Were Gonna Shoot ever how many it Took to achieve the 200 number!

In 2004 They Told Us Not To Worry,You Could Still Eat The Meat even if the Deer Tested Positive for CWD!

Alot of Us have probably ate a CWD Steak before!

A Couple Years ago!

I Know a Guy That Let the the DWR Remove the Lymph Nodes to check for CWD on a Deer His Daughter Had Harvested on their Private Property!

They Had The Deer Processed And Put it in their Freezer!

A Short Time Later The DWR Stopped By Their House & Seized/Took The Meat!

No Rhyme or Reason They'd Mention for taking the Meat?

Since You Think You Know EVERY-F'N-THING?

What Was The Reasoning for This?

I just came from Colorado, I have never seen so many healthy Deer in my life
Hopefully they are making a comeback over there.
I used to guide hunts in 71 in the early 2000's and that herd was as healthy as our Paunsaugunt as far as quantity goes.
I haven't been there in years but was told it too has suffered some bad winter kills and extremely high vehicle mortality on the highway from Monticello to Cortez with all the people transplanting to there and Durango.

Drought in the southern units. CWD up north. Now get ready for the bad winter or another year of drought excuse. This is years over hunting bucks and doe.

CWD just reported in Idaho, I said this was coming last year. Now the IDFG does not have to answer for their poor management.

I've been hunting deer in the West my whole life. Colorado has been killing off the best mature deer herd in the west, all in the name of CWD. I've personally witnessed the hunting going in the tank for the last few years. Its really sucks to see it happen. Utah doesn't have a deer herd that is worth a crap in any unit. So I guess what I'm saying is, It doesn't really matter to me what Utah does because the deer herd is so poor in this state what does it matter. They can either add a few more hunts like they do every year and kill the rest of them or they can kill the rest of them in the name of CWD. Mule deer hunting in the west is becoming a rich mans game. If you want to kill a quality deer you have to go where the state wildlife programs don't manage the hunting, which is on large tracts of private land. That will cost you lots of$. Either save your money or learn to deal with the political BS that goes on every year and will continue to get nothing but worse!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom