Nebo Unit/Stolen Cam

nebo12000

Well here we go again, trail cam thieves are on the loose. So... to whoever stole the trail cam out by the Golden Ridge... I consider anyone who would steal like that, the same type of person who wouldn't think twice about poaching or breaking the law if they think they could get away with it. You may not like someone intruding into "your territory" but we all have the right to use public hunting grounds legally. You may not agree with that, but what you think doesn't matter then, you obviously think "you own" the territory........ Too bad for you that you didn't get the other trail cam that not only took pics of the elk but also got pictures of you... I'd be covering your face wherever you might be hunting out in that area. The CO would probably like to talk to you.

That is awesome you got pics of him! Hope you find the worthless POS.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

PM me a pic and I will send it to a few locals and see if we can figure out who the dirtbag is.

-WB

So do we have pic of the guy taking the camera or just pictures of someone walking by another camera in the area.

The CO is working on it. Whoever the person is may have also been using a ground blind (old limbs and logs) on a wallow that was right by the camera that was stolen. They left three arrows laying side by side in the blind-- 2 of the arrows were broken off about 1/3 of the length of the arrow with dried blood on the entire length of the remaining 2/3rds of the arrows including the fletchings. The other arrow was full length and had dried blood on it. The fletchings were the "older" style fletchings that are about 2 1/2 inches long. Whoever it was also left empty Pepsi cans, plastic water bottles, snack bar wrappers and a plastic water bottle filled with urine. It was a junky mess. We got pics of all of it. The CO has gone down into the area and the blind and is working on it. He is also concerned that perhaps a couple of animals may have been wounded but perhaps not recovered. Heard a pack of coyotes down in the canyon further, maybe they found something.
No matter what the outcome, whoever left the litter certainly has no respect for the outdoors and those that might use it later. It was a mess. Not ready to show pics, don't know if he is the one that might have taken the cam. I don't believe we should be pointing a finger at anyone yet. We will see what the CO comes up with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom