Need Some Help

Retired

I am going on a elk hunt close to Grand Junction / Hotchkiss area September 13 to 21st 08. Deer season opens Aug 30 and I would like to try Archery Mule Deer prior to elk hunting. Would any of you have a suggestion for a public land draw unit that would be a good bet for success? Not looking for a monster but a respectable P&Y buck. I do not have any points so I am looking for a unit that is a high success rate on the draw.

Would very much appreciate any advice that you might be willing to share.

Thanks for your help

Right there on Grand Mesa is a good start for deer. You should be able to draw with 0 points.

>Right there on Grand Mesa is
>a good start for deer.
> You should be able
>to draw with 0 points.
>

Zekers

Could you tell me what unit that might be in? Not at all familiar with the area. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-08 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]Send a PM to "Beanman" Fred can help you on the right unit to apply for.

Brian

Retired,

I live in Unit 41 on the west edge of the Grand Mesa in Palisade, CO. There are some decent bucks to be found in 41 with a little luck and determination. According to MM's draw odds you would have a 86% chance of drawing 41 for archery (unit includes 42, 421). I'm not familiar enough with the 421 and 42 portions to have much of a opinion on them but I'd be happy to share info on 41 with you. Email me if you like

[email protected]

Beanman

52/411 is where we hunt, near Cedaredge. Hunt during the middle of the week, and away from the ATV trails, and you should find some good bucks.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom