Nevada Dream Tags!

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Looks like Nevada is doing what Arizona has done with there Super tags for 2012. What do you think about it?

I read about these tags yesterday but how are they any different from the current PIW tags?

where can you read about this at, I have not heard about it. What are they doing exactly, a raffle like Arizona or another draw deal, and does this replace any current tags, or just more tags to take out more trophy animals??

I am curious about this as well.

So we now have:

Regular draw,
PIW Draw,
Silver State tag,
Dream tag?

Not sure how the dream tag and Silver State tag are different?

They will be drawing for 5 tags. Deer, Elk, Desert Bighorn, antelope, and California Bighorn. I was sent an email from NDOW.

>I read about these tags yesterday
>but how are they any
>different from the current PIW
>tags?

These tags are a raffle. You can buy as many "raffle tickets" as you like. Sounds like if you draw the actual hunt is the same as a PIW.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-12 AT 04:17PM (MST)[p]Interesting that this piece of legislation snuck through. These tags are being raffled by Community Foundation of Western Nevada. I can't find how the funds will be used other than the quote from their website.

"*All money raised by the Dream Tag program must be used for the preservation, protection, management or restoration of game and its habitat, as determined by the Advisory Board on Dream Tags.

This could include restoration and rehabilitation of habitat from devastating fires, emergency water developments and wildlife relocations, and major equipment repairs, purchases and rentals needed.

*All money less administrative costs and the cost of the tags"

Looks to me like they are a legitimate foundation but the only grantees I could find that they fund having to do with animals were a handful of wildlife rescue groups that take in injured wildlife, organizations dealing with pets and the following:
Nevada Humane Society
Humane Society of Silicone Valley
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of
Northern Nevada

And one of my all time favorites, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

Any 501(c)(3) that has been in existence for 5 years can apply for a grant. At least its not SFW.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-12 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p]I'm not so sure I'll be throwing money at that group anytime soon. Thats a pretty liberal grantee list without the ACLU. This looks like its the "chickens funding Colonel Sanders".

I brought these very questions up at the State Meeteing Feb 4th. I was given far more info that is not currently out there. All of the money from the 10 dollar stamp goes directly into a state wildlife fund. The money raised from the 5 dollar raffle tickets will go into a seperate fund that will then be granted out to applicants. There will be a seperate advisory board set by the governor and others that will ensure the moneys are divied up for wildlife and conservation. If you have any questions about any of this, fire away. I will find out the answer to your questions. I was skeptical at first but am anxious and hope it plays out as planned. I would be great for wildlife and conservation.
~BaldBeaver

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom