NEVADA HERITAGE CALIFORNIA BIGHORN SHEEP TAG

G

gripit

I just heard that the NEVADA HERITAGE CALIFORNIA BIGHORN SHEEP TAG has been bought and re donated back to the NBU banquet in Reno NV on 3-25-2011 and is going to be up for auction.

I heard the tag was sold at an auction out east somewhere and donated back to NBU as the guy that purchased it felt it belonged in Navada for the auction, this is just what I heard not sure if it is a fact.

Yes , the Navada California Bighorn Tag was auctioned at the NBU auction on March 25th in Reno at NBU dinner.
I was very interested to purchase the tag, however it was just a bit above what I was willing to pay.
If I am correct from the information I gathered, a New State Record Archery ram was killed last season on that tag.
There are some interesting cercumstances regarding the hunt.
I spoke with the guide that was on the hunt.
Well known and long time sheep guide Brent Sinclair and Dr. Walter Palmer killed the big ram in late August
with outfitter Cary Jellison from California a second outfitter from Navada assisted in preseason scouting.
I was not able to make the auction and have not heard how much the tag was sold for.

could you elaborate on the interesting circumstances surrounding the hunt? I know Walt Palmer has shot a lot of big animals with his bow.

I went to both the WSF and OVIS shows and I noticed that the outfitter listed was different at each show.
I felt there was some fuding between G&J Outdoors and Navada High Ridge Outfitters as to who was the actual outfitter as their emails contradicted one and other on several aspects.
I do know Brent Sinclair was his guide because Walt told me that himself when I talked to him at the OVIS Convention and I spoke to Brent breifly as well a few weeks ago.

Here are some of those big animals Walt has taken with his archery equipment.
He has taken several outstanding animals around the world and I hear he is the second archer to take all the species to make the P&Y Record Book..
The Tule Elk is in the top 2 or 3 P&Y from what I understand and Brent Sinclair was the guide with Cary Jellison of G&J Outdoors who outfitted the hunt and did weeks of preseason scouting to find several big bulls for Walt.
This is the Navada Heritage California Bighorn Auction Tag ram taken last season.
Not sure but it may be the Navada State Archery Record.
Sinclair was the guide on the hunt for G&J Outdoors.
4025walt_cal._bh_1.jpg

2717walt_palmer_tule_elk.jpg

Palmer...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom