Nevada late cow elk tags

Steve22chavez

My wife and I drew late cow elk tags for area 231. Its oit in eastern NV near Pioche. This is our first elk hunt and our first hunt in Nevada. We're heading out that way for 10 days after the 1st. Does anyone have any advice or information about hunting cows in this area?

Welcome! First thing is that a Nv question should be posted in the Nevada forum.There is a lot more traffic there from Nv residents and others who hunt there than there is here at the campfire forum.
I went along with my brother in 2005,when he had a cow tag in area 231.We did not see any cows during the 5 days we were there, but we did see a lot of deer, and a 370 class bull standing next to the road as we pulled right up to him. It was frustrating for us because we could not do anything about it,other than watch him walk away.If you can send me a pm,I can look at the map and share with you a few of the places we looked Good luck!

Be careful out there! Last storm dumped more than a foot of snow in a lot of places, making atv and 4wd access limited. Try west side Hamlin Valley (In Nevada, NOT Utah!). Overheard a conversation that the hunters had seen as many as 40-70 elk up around the Hermitage and Johnson Ranch. Also that a party of two cow elk hunters got their cow elk LAST YEAR by just walking out through the trees northeast of the White Rock Mts. about daylight. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom