New entry level bow vs. Used nicer brand

mtnman4life

So been shooting an old Hoyt Supreme since I started archery hunting in 2012. I want to upgrade and looking to spend about $550 to $750. Any recommendations on buying new entry level brand vs. Nicer used model?

You might be smart to tune up the one you have and save for another year. Prices have gone up and you will want to buy a bow that you can stick with for several years. As you spend more money it allows you to get much better shooting bows. Less vibration, quieter, and less chance to have a built in flaw such as wanting to release the arrow when you relax just before the shot.
J_T_B

Check on archery talk classifieds! Lots of top of the line bows for sell that are 1 to 3 years old in that price range. Just a thought.

there are bows available in that price range, you just have to keep your eyes open {camofire.com } has bows on it all the time. Watch also for Cabela's & Sportsmen's Whse online they have closeouts all the time. I bought my Bowtec Carbon Knight at a local sporting goods store ready to shoot for under $700

Thanks all. I've poked around a little on the classifieds. Went and shot four new ones at cabelas over the weekend. All were in that price range and loved them. I'll have to research and try the differences between those and the pricier ones to see if it's worth it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom