new mexico antelope 2008 disabled hunt

C

crippledbuck

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-08 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]Hello all , Well I am new to the forum and I finally got a goat I am real proud of him I was wanting to show him off a little.. What do you guys think???
489b4e2d7906ba57.jpg

Great buck. Very happy for you.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

That bucks got some character! Congrats and welcome to MM. There's a lot of good guys and gals here.

SOME NOT SO NICE!! HAHA JUST KIDDING BOBCAT!!

Steve

Nice!!!

If you listen closely you can hear the sound of big game animals starting to hit the ground. IT'S HUNTING SEASON!

nice buck!

what's the story - how far of a shot did you have, do you have something set up on your chair to shoot from or do you shoot off from a bipod/tripod - not that it matters but what does he score/how long are his horns?

great job - congrats and thanks for sharing.

Well this buck was taken from the truck.. Not much of a story as far as the hunt.. We drove around this big area of public land.. Looking for the best buck we passed him up four times before we decided to try the shot.. If I am hunting a blind or stand I do use either shooting sticks or a tripod with pistol grip I can lay over and have a nice rest.. but on this hunt we were covering alot of ground.. this early in the season the bucks are tame.. And I mean this buck was bed down 30 yrds off the road.. Boy did I wish I had my mathews with me.. My buddy got this buck to jump up "didnt have the heart to shoot him at 30" when the buck jumped up I panic and shot over him.. Then he ran out to close to 100 and gave me the broadside look back and wham the ol .257 weatherby with 110 accubond put him to rest.. My first antelope and going to be the first animal I have taken to the taxidermy.. we ruff scored him and Not to sure if I did it right..but this is what my friends and I came up with..

left side right side
15 4/8 length 16
6 1/8 base 6 1/8 base
6 4/8 6 6/8
4 1/8 4 6/8
2 3/8 2 3/8
5 4/8 prong 5 4/8 prong
40 1/8 41 4/8

81 5/8 gross 80 2/8 net

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-08 AT 10:06PM (MST)[p]Good for you cb!

Glad you got out and thumped a dandy buck.

BTW; be sure to measure along the top edge of the prong and around to the back where a straight edge hits the back of the horn on each side to get your prong length if you did not already? Mine picked up about 1/4 of an inch on each side because I did not know this......

First of all , let me say WELCOME TO MONSTER MULEYS !

Now , then , CONGRATS ON A BEAUTIFUL BUCK ! A whole lot of character there, just a real good looking buck.Again welcome and congrats ...

Thanks to everyone and all the awsome comments!! Im real proud of him. A good buddy told me about the website and I have been reading ever since.. A wealth of info on Monster Muleys.. Hopefully some day I can contribute as many of you do.. Thanks again

Tight lines and straight arrows

Yes sir, that is a great buck. Congrats to the hunter!

This is a buck was right at 78. We took it on Sunday after looking at hundreds. We missed the good one on Saturday. Maybe next time.

48a251dd3ea2342e.jpg

Wow Nice buck!!! I guess I have to be way off on my measurements, We looked up the score sheet on the B/C website.. I mean if that buck is 78 then I must be a 60, That thing looks huge. Good prongs, heavy.. What are the measurements If you dont mind me asking just trying to figure this scoring thing out..

Great buck man

Congrats!! I'm glad you got the opportunity to hunt and I am very impressed that you don't let your disability get the best of you. Just like that olympian said on TV tonight (he has cancer); "You have a disability. It doesn't have you!" Well done.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom