new muzz sights...

dslaughter

over the last few years I've seen posts about better muzz sights than the stock sights. I've tried one of these myself using the kns front cross hair site and williams peep rear. These 2 never mated up very well and we had to have shim made (thanks, Freediver!) for the peep to be high enough to get good alignment.
On another forum I read about a new site by tru glow that gives the same benefit of the finer front sight and a better over all sight picture and the package includes front and rear sights. I have ordered one from Cabelas to see how it works. I't looks like a great idea and may warrant some consideration.

sites.jpg

Ooooo now that looks snazzy!

-DallanC

>over the last few years I've
>seen posts about better muzz
>sights than the stock sights.
> I've tried one of
>these myself using the kns
>front cross hair site and
>williams peep rear. These
>2 never mated up very
>well and we had to
>have shim made (thanks, Freediver!)
>for the peep to be
>high enough to get good
>alignment.
>On another forum I read about
>a new site by tru
>glow that gives the same
>benefit of the finer front
>sight and a better over
>all sight picture and the
>package includes front and rear
>sights. I have ordered
>one from Cabelas to see
>how it works. I't
>looks like a great idea
>and may warrant some consideration.
>
>
>
>
sites.jpg

Let us know what you think David. I am thinking about the same sight. I guess my concern is how much of game the front sight covers. I suspect on all but really close shots, there shouldn't be too much coverage.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

my understanding is that it comes with hardware for T/C, Traditions, Remington, and knight.
looks pretty well thought out.

A guy I work with has put that same rear sight on his Hawken. It was not made for it so he had to make it work. He is using a Lyman 17 AML front sight with it and Cross hairs. He lines the two green dots on the line of the cross hair. He has added a thumb screw to quick adjust it. He has also added tic marks to give him 100 yards, 150 and 200 yards. I have not tried it yet but it does look nice when you look through it. Ron

David,
That's real interesting. I kinda like the
look's of the thing. I'm thinking what you boy's
are thinking. Let's try it and see. Hmmmm.
fyi
lrv

I put one of these on last year on my Knight as I've also been frustrated with standard mfg. sights. I only had the ghost ring on the back as shown with a smaller fiber optic bead on the front. I didn't get to shoot it a lot as it took a while to find a good load. However, after that, I was very pleased with my groups at 50 yds which were maybe a bullet hole apart. I didn't get to shoot much at longer distances. Not sure if the front sight pictured would help more but I'm always looking to improve especially as my eyes don't seem to be getting better! The front on mine is small enough not to cover up too much of the target. Please post after you try it as I'd like to hear how the front site works out!

I just put this sight on my gun, but have not shot it yet. I don't think there will be an issue at all, of what the front sight covers. It really seems nice and like it will work well. time will tell. I don't think I will get around to shooting for a bit. I hope it works well, I should have a KS mule deer tag in my pocket this fall!

I'm bumping this back up front because there
has been a question or 4 about this type of thing.

I've put one on my Encore. They are Great.

I highly recommend this site. It's the damnest thing
you've ever seen.

I'm going to get a spare to take to CO, just-in-case.

for what it's worth.

Larry

Ok guys the link isn't showing up for me. What's it called so I can check it out on cabelas? I am in the marked for a new sight.

the ghost ring sights are also amazing. Put them on my muzzy and its awesome to finally beable to see your target and surrounding area around your target. Doesnt cover everything up.

Thanks for the link txhunter. Looks neat but a little bulky. I would like to look through a set. I wonder how much area the large circle around the post covers. Wonder why it's so bulky.

I have the same question, but the guys who have them say that is not a problem. I am going to have to get one to try.

Also, remember, that you can order one, if you don't like how it looks when you get it, send it back for a full refund. You will only be out the shipping both ways. You can mail it back to them cheap. You would be out about $10-12 bucks. But from the guys who have tried them, I suspect I will keep mine.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Cabelas always includes a shipping sticker in case you have to mail something back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom