New to Colorado

I'm new to CO just moved up here from New Mexico. I moved to windsor and was just curious on the hunting around Fort Collins and Loveland. I'm huge into elk and muleys I definitely will be making hunting trips to NM this year for elk and deer but am looking for a unit with OTC for my fianc?e this year. I'm a guide in New Mexico so I don't need assistance or anything just looking for some advice on what units are descent up here close to Loveland and ft Collins.

There are plenty of critters west of both towns but they are draw units and a lot of private land. The DOW has an OTC map you can look at to see areas you can hunt. You will have to head up and over the divide to get to the ones closer to Windsor.

Check out the Left overs when they are posted at the end of the month. You may get lucky and be able to pick up a buck or cow tag that's closer.

Check to see if 19 has any leftovers. This was an area that burned and the animals should be using it. Otherwise it would be unit 7,8,191 and success rates are not all that good. Good luck!

Any hunt is a good time. She was bummed she didn't draw her first rifle 16A tag in New Mexico so I told her I'd try and get her a hunt here or in Wyoming. I sure appreciate the info.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom