New Vortex Tripod- Lightweight

bigbull1

Very Active Member
I saw a new lightweight Vortex tripod at the RMEF Camp. The Vortex dealer stated they would be available in a month or two and he only had a demo model.

The tripod was aluminum, weighed around 2lbs and had "double jointed" legs that extended upward for uneven ground. It came with a simple ball head that had a lever to lock it, which felt smooth and easy to use. It looked to be quality built. Price was supposed to be under $80.

Anybody see it or have more info?

Thanks, Ed

47cc23b574573644.jpg

I am not sure, but somewhere around 40-50". I remember thinking it was higher than I need, as I like to sit when spotting.

Ed

47cc23b574573644.jpg

Brian,

Still putting in time until July 09. I will have my thirty in and move on to another venue. How's Sacto doing?

Ed

47cd8c0f2f677ae9.jpg

Received the tripod last week and have used it on one hike. I was concerned about the twist lock on the ball head, but found it user friendly which I got used to quickly. At two pounds, it seems to be light enough to pack but very stable and well made. It comes with a really nice quick relase plate that I like as much as my Manfrotto release.

I bought it from Hawkeye Optics of Oregon, George Felker @ 541-292-1473 for $69 and free shipping.

47f3cf1e60fb51c0.jpg

Home Products Tripods Vortex High Country Tripod
Add to Cart Add to Compare Height Minimum 14.8 inches
Height Maximum 53.8 inches
Maximum Load 5 pounds
Folded Height 18.8 inches
Folded Width 3.5 inches
Leg Sections 5
Multiple Leg Angles Yes
Weight 2.1 pounds
SKU Stock Keeping Unit HCOUNTRY
MSRP Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price $99.00
Vortex High Country Tripod
What ounce-counters need!
Here's a back country tripod you can easily carry when every ounce counts ? and still have the height you need. Designed for extreme situations, the rubber feet provide solid standing for spotting scopes, binoculars and equipment for digital photography.

Features of the High Country tripod.
Flip lever locks allow for quick action in the field.
Rubber feet provide solid standing on slick surfaces.
Variable leg angle adjustments adapt well to uneven terrain.
Locking collar mechanism secures center column height adjustments.
Ball head moves with just one hand.
Quick-release plate allows for fast equipment changes.
Included with the Vortex High Country Tripod:
Vortex 3-year warranty

Ed
47f3cfd0646cac98.jpg

Wade,

Put mine on the digital scale and it weighed 2.04 lbs without the attachment plate which was on my scope.

The scope pans vertically and horizontally with no problem. Very smooth head for what it is.

Ed

47fe20ae1dcaaa50.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom