NM Unit 15?

B

bckcntrybuck

I am heading out saturday the 17th to unit 15. I just wanted to get a feeling for what the elk have been doing. My hunt starts on the 19th. I am hoping that the rut will be in full swing.

YOU'RE FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

I had a good buddy hunt the first archery and said it was pretty tough,the bulls were quite and their was water everywhere and it rained almost every day.

I hunted Tuesday through Saturday south of Quemodo Lake in the Sawmill Canyon area. Rained almost every day so staking out tanks/water holes was unproductive. I did not hear a single bull bugle or cow call the entire time. I do not have 4Wheeler, so I did all my hunting on foot. Covered 45 miles and gained about 2 miles of elevation over the 5 days. Repeatedly saw the same herd of 12 cows and calves. I almost had a shot at 30 yards at a 6x6, but he spooked right before he walked into the gap in the trees. Email me offline at [email protected] if you want specific gps coordinates or other info.

J-
I am trying to get caught up at work but it was slow... Few Bugles and the bulls haven't started rutting... I covered over 65miles and the strange thing is that I didn't a wallow... or very many rubs... You are going to hit it perfect...
j

Does anyone ever hunt the west side anymore? Are there still elk in the centerfire bog area? Spur lake basin, black gap?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom