No Grips

ramtagless

OK. New to archery and have a question.

Just recently purchased a Z7. So far so good, but am considering a different grip or potentially no grip.

I try to shoot with open fingers and noticed the other day if I am not careful I start to lose part of my site picture. The reason this happens is because the bow rotates (torques) clockwise (if that makes any sense). Got that under control, just need to make sure I apply pressure with my thumb (on my bow hand).

The torque issue got me thinking and researching new grips. In my research I stumbled on a bunch of guys that say they... remove the grip and just apply some hockey tape.

Evidently that is popular with the target guys? Anyone go that route?

I might try this. Take the existing grips off. Try shooting with no grips. If I like it, great. If not I will look at a focus grip, torqueless or whatever.

Is that really stupid idea? What am I not considering?

I shoot without the sideplates on my Athens. I prefer a slim flat back to my grip that only contacts the "heel" of your hand. I have never gotten used to Mathews style grips. Always felt wide and chuncky. Try it without the grip you may like it?? Good luck man!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom