No picks of Randy Ulmer this year?

S

ShadowBuck

Maybe I missed something but I haven't seen any pics of Randy with an abnormally huge animal this year floating around the web. Always like to here about his great trophy's and hunts. The guy is amazing in my book.

The last huntin fool I got had 3 pictures of Randy in the members success part at back of the magazine. Two big bucks one from colorado and one from utah, as well as a buffalo from utah

I got an emial from his neighbor last month, and shot at his house all summer. I know he was in Colorado for mulies during the early season. His son bagged a 370 class bull in NM, and Randy bagged an 11 foot brown bear up in AK. I have pics; but not here at work. I'm sure he has them on his site.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I'd like to see more of Randy Ulmer and his hunts on TV. Seems that there are so many "Bozo's" on the shown TV shows, that he would certainly be a welcome addition to most any venue. As it is now, you occasionally see his mug in support of some product or in a short clip in advice on being a better archery shot...i'd like to see more of his actual hunts filmed.

I don't know the man, yet he seems so soft spoken and unpretentious. The quality of the animals he consistently takes is so off the map, even compared to the other pro's on high dollar hunts, that it makes me much rather see a guy like him, than some wanna be Eastern dude with a fat TV contract.

Joey

Doesn't seam that Mr Ulmer would want to deal with an entire film crew following him around. But it would be fun to see his hunts, maybe hopefully I could learn some thing.

I'm guessing he is well enough off that he can pretty much hunt where and when he wants, nop sponsorships or $$$ from shows needed. Plus, spot and stalk bowhunting for only super trophy class animals with a film crew? How's that going to work? Might be OK for stands or calling, but????

You guys can think of all the contrary reasons why he wouldn't do it, don't think that i hadn't either, but are you basing your replys on known facts or just being contrary? I'm saying that i'd like to see more of Randy Ulmer or more guys like Randy Ulmer, to one degree or another, on our tv shows.

If you don't agree with that, fine.

For instance, he could be the host his own show during the off season. It could be based on all the animals that he likes to hunt yet few, if any, hunts would actually have to be "his" own hunts. His views and commentary though, along with the Western Big Game theme, would be the welcome addition. The filming of these Western type trophy hunts could be filmed by guys like some of our lucky tag drawers and better recognized hunters that would want to be "aired," just a an idea, and the show put together in a relatively short time.

I would think that if he were willing to subject himself to some of those stupid commercials, he might relish a opportunity of his own show given freedom of content and it not limiting his own time in the field.

Joey

To make it easy for all you Nascar fans.... Randy Ulmer is the Richard Petty of bow hunting... The King!! Yes he does have good tags and all the equipment, but his consistently of putting a stalk on a big animal and producing is unreal!! Hanes is no slouch either though!!

Hey Sage-

My thought, which is just opinion, is that the difficulty is so high on mule deer, that he can't do a show.

The shows that I see, that do show mule deer, don't come off well.

I get the feeling, that they cannot get the camera on the game animal and spend large amounts of time trying.

Ever notice that the shows on Verses (spelling?), continually show the same footage over and over. It is nice to get to see a mule deer or and elk show, but most of them are maddening. Invest a half hour watching and then get to see only the tops of the antlers.

I know other channels are better, but turkeys and white tail deer are the bulk of the industry.

My guess is that Ulmer wouldn't want to bother.

Just my thought.

I would love to see him also.

need4X4, long time...

Well, i thought, in post #10, i'd covered how he could pull off hosting a show of his own during the off season without infringing on all his own hunts. Seems there is plenty of guys willing to submit awesome hunt footage to places like, here, at MM. Some might enjoy being Pro staffers, taking it to the next level and submitting their awesome hunt footage for Randy's Show.

You guys could be right. As I said, i know little of him, certainly none of his financial info or his ambitions. There are "Bozo's out there though, that are buying huge hunting properties and paying guys like Ulmer, for commercial or spot appearances, while living the good life and getting in plenty of hunting. If i were his agent, i'd be pushing him and the networks for his own TV show and that i believe, would be...a good thing :)

Joey

It seams to me that Mr. Ulmer is living the good life, without doing one of those infomercials they call hunting shows these days. He hunts, he hunts hard, without a film crew and gets to support only quality companies. Also, I always gotten the feeling that he has been very successful in other areas of life which means that he probably has a full life outside of bow hunting. With all of that said I would like to see more like him more visible in the hunting industry.

Does he have any picks from his year? I cant tell which ones are new from the website.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom