non resident whitetail help

huntzall

I'm wanting to kill a whitetail. I've never hunted Idaho before. Is it to late this year to get a tag since you already had your drawings? Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to start? Is it true you can kill 2 bucks in the northern part of the state?

I don't know about the 2 bucks but there is a lot of options for whitetails in the north half of the state there is a 2nd drawing in Aug for leftover tags you can go to Idaho fish and game web site and look whatever you are looking for

You can buy a whitetail only tag that is good in most of the northern part of the state from oct 10th-dec 1st for any whitetail buck. I don't think you are allowed 2 bucks as a non resident, residents are allowed to purchase a second tag at non res prices as long as the non res quota hasn't been met. Oh and as far as the quota goes I believe there are still about 12k non res deer tags available

Yes you can get a second tag as a nonresident. They are looking to lower the cost of the second tag the proposals are on web. Good luck

>Yes you can get a second
>tag as a nonresident. They
>are looking to lower the
>cost of the second tag
>the proposals are on web.
>Good luck

You sure about that one bro? Last I checked the regs said a resident may purchase a second tag from the non resident pool after August 1. Never seen where a non resident would be able to buy 2

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14 AT 08:37AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14 AT 08:36?AM (MST)

>>Yes you can get a second
>>tag as a nonresident. They
>>are looking to lower the
>>cost of the second tag
>>the proposals are on web.
>>Good luck
>
>You sure about that one bro?
>Last I checked the regs
>said a resident may purchase
>a second tag from the
>non resident pool after August
>1. Never seen where a
>non resident would be able
>to buy 2

I'm positive about it bro.

From page 112 of the regs. "Residents or nonresidents may buy one unsold general season nonresident deer tag and/or elk tag at the nonresident price starting August 1, to be used as a second tag"

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

YES, you can get two buck tags. The general tags haven't sold out in many years so the second tag option is available to non-residents.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14
>AT 08:37?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-14
>AT 08:36?AM (MST)

>
>>>Yes you can get a second
>>>tag as a nonresident. They
>>>are looking to lower the
>>>cost of the second tag
>>>the proposals are on web.
>>>Good luck
>>
>>You sure about that one bro?
>>Last I checked the regs
>>said a resident may purchase
>>a second tag from the
>>non resident pool after August
>>1. Never seen where a
>>non resident would be able
>>to buy 2
>
>
>I'm positive about it bro.
>
>From page 112 of the regs.
>"Residents or nonresidents may buy
>one unsold general season nonresident
>deer tag and/or elk tag
>at the nonresident price starting
>August 1, to be used
>as a second tag"
>
>"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."
>

Sorry for doubting I checked the regs a little while after posting that. How long ago did they change that seems it used to be an option for resident hunters only. Guess they really wanna sell that non res quota. Speaking of non res quotas I was looking at them the other day cause my cousin is thinking about coming down elk hunting and the available tags for both deer and elk outnumber the quotas. Apparently idfg doesn't follow any of their own rules

Yes you can shoot two bucks, although a lot of whitetail units are either sex. Web says there trying to lower price for this years tags they actually have the numbers of second tags bought by year resident and nonresident. Again good luck

Question for you guys. If I bought a general tag for South East Idaho and hunted muleys. If I didn't fill that tag could I use it for whitetails in the northern part of the state??

Yes but open season on general tag is much shorter than whitetail only season in most northern and central units. If u want to hunt rut u need the whitetail tag. Check regs per unit.

>Yes but open season on general
>tag is much shorter than
>whitetail only season in most
>northern and central units. If
>u want to hunt rut
>u need the whitetail tag.
>Check regs per unit.

+1 What he said, plus to confirm, later is definetely better for these nocturnal bush dwellers.

When does the rut usually hit in northern Idaho ?
Is there much public land for a guy to hunt ? Do you guys know of any trespass permits available in northern Idaho?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom