North Slope/South Slope, High Uintas West Goats

H

Hixsok

Has anyone hunted Goats on the North Slope/South Slope, High Uintas West? Need a good place to start looking

I killed a 45 inch goat with my bow off of there last year. Very cool country with lots of options to make it hard or easy. I saw a lot of easy to get to goats on the grandaddy peaks but I ended up 8 miles in by ostler since I didn't see it as a goat hunt if I could drive up to the goats. There are goats on all of the peaks I looked at but I didn't look at all of them unfortunately. Just have to find the one you want. After that it is pretty easy.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I googled ostler and grandaddy peak and nothing came up in utah. What are those places near?

Ostler Peak is on your way to Mirror lake from Evanston...its on the left ...you go to Christmas meadows and take a trail head and then after about 5 miles in you take a left fork this trail will take you to Ostler Lake which is below the peak! Beautiful country!

Go to Google Earth and search Mirror Lake Utah and it will take you real close. Ostler peak is a little NE from Mirror lake. But as was said, there are goats on lots of the peaks. Murdock Mt (due south of Mirror lake) is right off the hwy at Bald Mt Pass and I've seen lots of goats up there too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom