Northeast Wyoming

huntFX4

Hey all,

I am thinking of hunting in region A next year in areas 2 or 4. It seems to be a lot like the area I grew up hunting in southeast Montana. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Not looking for honey holes or anything. Just wondering about the quality of the hunting, quality of bucks and if it's super crowded.

Thanks.

Are you talking about mulies or whitetails, as that part of Wyoming is noted more for the latter?

Looking more for mulies. I was thinking region C but that is mostly private. I have driven through there on my way home to Montana and seen some good muley bucks

I talked to the Gamewarden in Sundance last fall and his reply was ,if you can get on a private ranch you will have a happier hunt.
I looked the area over last year but decided not to hunt there do to the late season start date.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-14 AT 06:13AM (MST)[p]

I think hunting the public forest lands , I would go in archery season. I have talked to a couple guys that archery hunt the forest every year they can draw a tag and they have taken some great whitetail.
I know you said muledeer but there is some good whitetail hunting in NE Wyoming.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom