Not guilty

feddoc

Long Time Member
So much for those who said he attacked 'an unarmed teenager'.

Google this: "Richard Portillo" and then say what you want about 'an unarmed teenager'.

I still believe Zimmerman was an idiot for pushing the issue.....after he had been told by authorities to stand down. He got out of his depth, as they say.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

nickman, he did stand down. Even though there is no legal obligation to follow 'orders' from 911, he replied, when told to get back in his vehicle: "Okay". He was on the way back to his rig when he was attacked from behind.

Zimmerman was a wimp that went looking for trouble and he found it. This ain't OJ. This jury looked at all the facts and deliberated for 16 hours and handed down a just verdict.

You know what makes me puke a little in my mouth? Seeing Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton marching in protest. F'n a-holes have to play the race card to make a living.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Everybody is racist except blacks!!!! Amazing.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

i don't believe the shooting was justified. take your butt whippin and walk away, but not a reason to kill someone. he asked for trouble and found it. the kid was a thug but hadn't broken any laws. if i see a thug walking down the street and go start hassling him, im pretty sure it won't end well for one of us. the situation could have been avoided. if i was walking down the street and someone started hassling me and we end up in a fight, does that give him the right to kill me? i think not!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-13 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]>i don't believe the shooting was
>justified. take your butt
>whippin and walk away, but
>not a reason to kill
>someone. he asked for
>trouble and found it.
>the kid was a thug
>but hadn't broken any laws.
> if i see a
>thug walking down the street
>and go start hassling him,
>im pretty sure it won't
>end well for one of
>us. the situation could
>have been avoided. if
>i was walking down the
>street and someone started hassling
>me and we end upin a fight, does that
>give him the right to
>kill me? i think
>not!

***You, along with others of that opinion, obviously didn't take a look at all the testimony in the case or you are of color or both! Zimmerman was told he didn't need to follow the kid and that he could go back to his vehicle. On the way back he was jumped by Martin with no provocation other than he was out walking following him. It's like the old proverb that says not to take a package of Skittles to a gunfight! IMHO the only thing Zimmerman may have done wrong was not emptying the entire clip into the punk! However, that even came back to help in his defense when they stated he could have shot multiple times and didn't.
>

"...package of skittles to a gun fight"
Classic right there.

Now we'll see all those, who don't have jobs, stage demonstrations and protests because they have nothing better to do and the justice department will "review" the case. Dumb azzes!

Stupid, stupid people!

Zeke

your right i didn't hear all the testimony although i doubt martin jumped him with no provocation. zimm had lots of opportunity to avoid the situation. now im certainly not defending a thug but he hadn't broken any laws that we know of....at least yet. i still don't believe that just because someone is kicking your a$$ doesn't mean that's justification to kill them. ive been in lots of brawls, and not in any of them was there justification to kill anybody.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-13 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]At the time he was jumped , he was avoiding it....he was walking back to his vehicle.

Ropinfool said:
"ive been in
>lots of brawls, and not
>in any of them was
>there justification to kill anybody."
>

I've enjoyed more than my share of brawls back in the day BUT
It's a brave new world (maybe that's lost on you) and one where you'd better be best friends with your fellow combatant or you'll end up with a knife in the liver, either from him or one of his 6 buddies.

been to Florida and walked around at night? You'll soon find out why they have neighborhood watchmen!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you're a tough guy but there's always just that 1 time when shiiiit gets sideways!

Zeke

ive been mad enough to kill someone and was a good thing i didn't have a gun but it wouldn't have been justified. i know what kind of world we live in.....i watch the albuquerque news where someone gets killed every day just about. like i said, i believe this kid was a thug and maybe the world is a better place without him, but zim could/should have avoided the situation. it's not like he was minding his own business and this guy attacked him. guess he's just lucky that this kid didn't have a gun of his own.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-13 AT 05:32PM (MST)[p]>ive been mad enough to kill
>someone and was a good
>thing i didn't have a
>gun but it wouldn't have
>been justified. i know
>what kind of world we
>live in.....i watch the albuquerque
>news where someone gets killed
>every day just about.
>like i said, i believe
>this kid was a thug
>and maybe the world is
>a better place without him,
>but zim could/should have avoided
>the situation. it's not like
>he was minding his own
>business and this guy attacked
>him. guess he's just
>lucky that this kid didn't
>have a gun of his
>own.

***You keep making statements that shows you did not follow what was happening. Zimmerman was on night watch for the community he lived in and it was his job to look for things that looked suspicious. Maybe there was some racial profiling, but nobody knows that other than Zimmerman. Testimony shows that he was headed back to his car after the 911 operator told me he need not follow the suspect when Martin jumped him from behind, began pounding his head into the concrete, and was subsequently shot one time.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-13 AT 05:53PM (MST)[p]Ropinfool, all evidence points to the fact that Trayvon circled back and confronted Zimmer. With very little said, Trayvon sucker punched Zimm in the nose. It was dark, Trayvon was taller, the things he said indicated that he planned on killing Zimmer. Zimmerman was observing a suspicious situation, as he had every right to do. Everyone says getting your head pounded on cement is a minor injury. Why don't you go outside and let someone slam your head on the sidewalk until it is bleeding from several places. Let them punch on your face a while while they are at it. I have no doubt that Zimmer feared for his life. He was screaming for help for quite a while, but no body had a guts to go out and pull Trayvon off. It's real easy for you to be the big tough guy and say Zimmerman wasn't justified. I call Bull Crap to everyone out there claiming the injuries were minor and I would bet almost ANYONE would be in fear for their life and do the exact same thing Zimm did, under the circumstances. If he had not been carrying, then the news may very well have had one more black on non-black murder they wouldn't be reporting on. If it wasn't for people like Zimmerman our neighborhoods would be completely overrun by gang mentality. I, for one, appreciate the hell out of his willingness to be involved. The protests are beginning to turn into riots of increasing intensity each day. Good old Al Sharpton is organizing around 100 protests in the next few days. Maybe its time for those of us supporting Zimmerman to start letting him know he does not stand alone. I'm seeing a bunch on the news about the Trayvon supporters, and nothing for Zimmerman. Lots of post in support of Zimmerman, but nothing out on the street. I hope people will get involved, if it comes to need.

like I said, im not defending this thug, but the precedence this sets is that it's ok to kill someone for beating you up. I have a problem with that. just because he was the community watch leader or whatever, he wasn't a cop. it's always a judgment call to use deadly force and in his case he gets to walk. he took a risk and it paid off but he's real lucky this kid didn't have a weapon of his own. I believe he was getting beat and was scared for his life, but he put himself in that situation. im a huge 2nd amendment supporter and believe in our rights but zim was wrong. maybe not technically wrong for defending himself, but wrong for picking that fight. i didn't see all the evidence but i really doubt that this kid just attacked him without any provocation. so if martin had beaten zim to death, he would have the very same argument that he was in "fear for his life" because the other guy was armed. who has more right to use deadly force? martin wasn't armed, hadn't committed any crime and felt threatened. so it would have been justified for him to kill zim? i guess if the same rules apply then yes. it was just a bad situation that could have been avoided.

If someone had me down on the ground and was throwing down bombs on my face and there was a Stand your ground law, I had a 9mm on me, I would shoot him just as dead as George did.

People who see this case any different than the jury did weren't paying any attention to it.

What is so different about this case ? Goggle up murder it happens all day every day....the media just has to have something stupid to do now days.

George would make a good neighbor IMO.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-13 AT 05:48AM (MST)[p]Ropin, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it seems flawed.

What you are effectively saying is that if one makes a bad decision or series of bad decisions, and finds him/herself in a life & death situation as a result, their right to self defense is somehow invalidated. That is insane.

Why don't you ask a woman who was raped after going to a bar at night how she feels about that. The woman in the above scenario may have dressed the part, she might even have flirted with the guy, and she might even have made out with him a little. Now, the guy who has a self control problem decides to push it further while the woman is saying "no". He eventually overpowers her and is on top of her while she is screaming for help.

Tell us please, is her right to ward off what is now an assault with potentially life threatening consequences diminished somehow because she made a series of bad decisions that perhaps led to her predicament?

The events that led up to the confrontation were avoidable by both parties. TM didn't have to be trespassing in the gated/private community. GZ didn't have to get out of his car. He didn't have to approach TM. Both parties could have used cooler heads when talking to each other. But, they did not and it ended in a fight where TM got the upper hand. TM did not have to jump on top of Zimmerman, nor did he have to go to the extreme he did.

The tipping point on the law is in that last sentence. When TM crossed the line and was ACTIVELY putting GZ life in danger, GZ and all of us, have the right to defend ourselves with deadly force, especially if that's the only option left when your head is being slammed against the concrete.

lol well i think your opinion is flawed but that's ok. we can all go out and find trouble then justify defending ourselves. bottom line, to me, zim isn't a hero, he's an idiot. nothing more than a wannabe cop. all i know is if i was walking down the street and some guy started hassling me, i'd probably try to beat him too. and if he shot me then what was the point?.....senseless.

btw, i have daughters and we talk about that kind of stuff. rape is never acceptable. i do caution them about putting themselves in risky situations though. hopefully they learn to be a little proactive and can avoid those situations.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-13 AT 09:41AM (MST)[p]ropinfool---The more you post the more you show you are completely out of it as far as what actually happened that night. You have made numerous statements that are not what actual court testimony showed happened. Zimmerman was out on duty helping protect the community he lived in and was basically a civilian extension of the police department because they can't be out everywhere giving 24/7 protection. He made no attempt to confront the suspect and was on his way back after being told by an operator that following the person he suspected to be up to no good wasn't necessary. Out of the blue jumps Martin, who actually started the physical confrontation, and then got blown away while he was smashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete numerous times. I hope you never get called for jury duty because it's people like you that have preconceived notions before facts are presented, then don't listen to the facts and wrongfully convict a person that may be completely innocent of the crime they are charged with.

I haven't followed this case one bit. As soon as the media started playing the race card I quit. I pretty much quit all news. It just really grinds my gears

yeah i read his testimony too. i guess that's what i would have claimed as well that i was minding my own business and he jumped out of the bushes and attacked me for no reason. im sure reality was somewhat different but there was only one side to tell. curious, wonder how far away from his vehicle he was? oh well, it's done and im glad the media circus is over.

Trayvon was a 6'3, 215lb football playin' punk who slept with under age girls, grew and smoked pot (was in his system that night according to autopsy report), robbed people, had illegal hand guns (not registered), racist himself.
called Zimmerman a 'White ass cracker'.
should Zimmerman have followed him, probably not. but its NOT illegal.
its simple. Zimmerman noticed a suspecious individual (Trayvon), called cops, followed to see where he was going for police, went to see, dispatch said, do not pursue, went back towards car, trayvon decided he was going to 'teach him a hood lesson, jumped Zimmerman, punched him in the nose and proceeded to bang his head into the concret telling Zimmerman he was going to kill him, Zimmerman was able to pull his gun and shoot Trayvon 1 time.
its called self defense and bet your asses if someone jumped me and told me they were going to kill me, i'd react the same a Zimmerman did.
Zimmerman is also half Hispanic half white. where is the out cry from the latino community??
why in the hell is Eric Holder making statments that trayvon was just an innocent kid? why is Obama stating 'it could have been my son'.. WTF!?
the Justice deparments need to stay out of it. the FBI already did an investigation looking into race as a motive and found there was NO racial motive. END of Discussion.

I agree 100% with the jurys decision, but don't post BS. Trayvon was 5'11 and 165..... At least post facts, otherwise you just invalidate your argument.

>I agree 100% with the jurys
>decision, but don't post BS.
>Trayvon was 5'11 and 165.....
>At least post facts, otherwise
>you just invalidate your argument.
>

reports have him listed as 6'3 and 215lbs.. so i'll go dig the autopsy report up. you could be less of a billigerant azzhole about it.. but that'll happen when hell freezes over.

Don't think I was being an azzhole. Problem is when people distort the facts it takes away our credibility. The facts are simple in this case. TM was pounding GZ, GZ shot TM in self defense.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-13 AT 03:49PM (MST)[p]Ropin, you didn't really answer the honest question of 'when does a bad decision invalidate your right to defend yourself'?

Use your daughter as an example. Enlighten us please.

"guy started hassling me, i'd probably try to beat him too"- So if you are trespassing on my property and I confront you, you are going to beat me too?? You see, this is the mentality that escalated this and so many other situations like it. Your perpetuating the same entitled (when in the wrong) mindset.

One of the jurors already anonymously came forward and basically said that GZ made bad choices but when his life was threatened he acted within the law.

BTW, I don't think many feel GZ is a hero, a stupid punk kid is dead. Nothing heroic in that.

good discussion. im not a lawyer but have been on a jury. to me there's the letter of the law, and the intent of the law. by the letter of the law, zim was found innocent. the intent is more subjective. i still think zimbo forced the issue and it got ugly. doubt he would have got out of his car if he didn't have a gun. i guess if someone punches you it's grounds to kill them.

im pretty sure i wouldn't be trespassing on your property and would only try to beat you if you hit me first lol. but then i would be in fear for my life and shoot you lol j/k. as far as my daughters, they need to defend themselves of course. maybe by the letter of the law men and women are equal, but in the spirit of the law to me they aren't. not ok to hit a woman, etc.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-13 AT 06:15PM (MST)[p]There is a reason justice is said to be blind. Male, female, black, white, graham cracker.

You can't have it both ways. Either it's your God given birth right to be able defend yourself when the danger level reaches critical mass or, it isn't.

If a woman has that right, given the scenario above, then GZ does.

If you can handle it, why don't you imagine GZ as Georgiana Zimmerman who in her best intentions tried to deal with a trespassing man and because she was smaller and not in shape, the trespassing male got the best of her and started to pound her head into the concrete. Does her foolish and perhaps egotistical pride nullify her right to life when that trespassing male decides to take the fight to the next level?

There is a reason that in all 50 states we are guaranteed the right to self defense, male or female. It's an inherent right.

GZ went to trial because a glory hound attorney general made it/allowed it to become about politics and race. The evidence was pretty clear from the beginning that the situation (however it got there = moot)became what GZ could justify was a life and death situation. The trial results simply affirm what was thought to be true from the beginning despite the best efforts of our esteemed unbiased media and the supremely impartial judge.

i still don't believe it was justified. zimbo is a wannabe who picked a fight then cried because he was getting his a$$ kicked.

yesterday in alb the jury let an ex cop who was being tried for killing his wife. the judge didn't allow a lot of evidence. the system is pretty screwed up and jurys won't convict unless they have hard evidence. that means lots of guilty people walk.

pretty crazy, people like casey anthony walk, oj walks, zimbo walks, this ex cop walks,......and micheal vick goes to prison for fighting dogs lol. pathetic

I'm no fighter and never go looking for a fight. I would have done the same. Protect my neighborhood. It's sad that someone died, but if it was me kicking someone?s head in, I would expect someone to stop me with any means necessary also.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-13 AT 07:14PM (MST)[p]>Doesn't matter what the A report
>says. George was getting his
>ass beat by a young
>wannabe thug and killed him
>...Stand your ground !!
>
> http://www.inquisitr.com/856630/new-black-panthers-offer-10k-for-george-zimmerman-capture-video/
>
>Wake up candy ass white boys
>!!!

***Any other President worth his salt would have that bunch of Black Panther thugs declared terrorists for putting out a $10K "alive or dead" statement like that. They want a war; send in an Army Division and let's give them one!!! Wake up before it's too late America!!!

>I'm no fighter and never go
>looking for a fight. I
>would have done the same.
>Protect my neighborhood. It's sad
>that someone died, but if
>it was me kicking someone?s
>head in, I would expect
>someone to stop me with
>any means necessary also.
>
>
>