not happy with Nikon P90

BigPig

Very Active Member
I'm not sure if it's me or the camera. I "upgraded" from a 4 year old Sony 6mp to this new 12mp camera. The problem is that for most digital usage the pics are poor quality. The camera takes ridiculously huge shots and I have to shrink them down in order to post or email them. If I leave them full sized and print the pics on photo paper they look great, but if I reduce them to a more reasonable and convenient size, I lose detail, clarity and color. Never had that problem with my previous Sony. The pics were just as good once shrunken, just smaller. I take the pics with the setting on Auto.

Here is an example. This was shrunken down to post and the quality is not acceptable, especially from a 12 mp camera. (Forgive the weeds. It was getting dark and starting to rain so I was in a hurry and didn't notice them.)

4ac500b37d5140ff.jpg

I doubt the camera has anything to do with the problem since the originals look good and print well. The one you posted is only 204K, so you're not going to get great quality at that very compressed size.

What software are you using to resize the images?

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I use Mac I Photo.

I would understand losing quality when enlarging the pic but why do I loose quality when compressing? I'm far from experienced when it comes to the technical aspects of photography.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-09 AT 09:41AM (MST)[p]When you greatly compress a file such as the one you posted, you lose detail by eliminating pixels. It's possible to resize as far as the actual dimensions yet not compress the image as much in regards to the quality. Most software has a sliding scale for this when saving an image as a JPG. It normally is designated as small/large file or lower/higher quality.

The problem you have on this site is the restriction on file size, which I believe is 300K. But if you upload an image to a different site without such a restriction, you can then link to it here.

I'm going to post you a PM with my e-mail so you can send me the original of that photo. With that, I'll see what I can do with it to reduce it's size while still preserving most of the quality.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-09 AT 11:18AM (MST)[p]Well I too just purchased a Nikon P90 before my recent elk hunt in Colorado. I have been a big fan of Panasonic point and shoot and I have an Olympus E-3 that I love with the exception of the noisy shutter.

I wanted to get the new Panasonic FZ-35 but was told it would not be released until some time in Sept. My hunt started in late August and I would be gone the whole month so that was not an option.

I knew Nikon has a great name when it comes to camera?s so I took Joel's advice and purchased the P-90. I was told it was the top camera in its class, so I bought it along with two extra batteries.

Upon its arrival I found one battery that I could not charge so I returned it, but as of yet I have not seen its replacement.

The camera has some very neat features but it has one big down fall, the pictures it produces are the pits to put it mildly. It does about everything you would like a camera to do with the exception of take a good photo and to me that is the number one reason I buy a camera.

So let this be a warning to those of you considering this camera. Check it out close before your purchase. Read the reviews and I think you will find there are much better options than this camera. If the name of a bad car is called a lemon then this camera could rightfully be called a lemon squared. And the battery life sucks too when compared to some of the new cameras on the market. Why Nikon would put their name of this product or not check it out more before they released it I will never understand.

Sorry for the bad review, but never have I been so disappointed in any purchase I have ever made in many years. It will be interesting to see what Camerland will do. I have sent them lots of business the past year or two and I have bought quite a bit from them myself. I know its not their fault as they did not make or produce the camera, but hopefully they will check into this model before they suggest its top of the line to anyone else. From my disappointing experience, it has to be right at the bottom!

My old FZ-20 (I think 5 mp) produces far better photos than does the Nikon P90. In fact every Panasonic I have does way better. I have to go back to my 3.2 Olympus 730 to get pictures which quality wise are comparable. And I just don't think that's right in anybody?s book!

I could go on and on about its faults but I won't. I think I have said enough to those considering this camera to check it out more than I did before they buy. But beleive me there are more down falls to this camera than I have mentioned and in the end they all add up to very poor quality photos!

Have a good one. BB

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-09 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]BB,

I don't doubt what you're saying but it seems sort of weird. I just checked out the P90 review on Steve's Digicam's. He seems pretty honest in all the ones I've read over the years. And the sample photos from the P90 he posted at the various ISOs look pretty good to me. He even said he got more than 200 shots on one battery.

If you want to check them out, here's the link.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/nikon/coolpix-p90/nikon-coolpix-p90-review-7.html

What is the major issues with the photos you've taken?? Could it be the camera you got is somehow defective? -TONY

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-09 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]Here's another shot i took that I was excited about until I saw the finished result. Pitiful. This was evening but still at least 45 min before dark. No clarity, sharpness or color vibrance.

BB, I bought mine from Cameraland too. Let me know what happens in your dealings with them too. You're right, it's not their fault and I got great service from them so I'd hate for them to eat the cost, but so far I'm really disappointed. The pics are especially bad in low light. Better in mid day, but still not what I expected.

4ac82300360f9a0f.jpg

This one was taken in full sun. Better but no color. The sky was piercing blue that day.

4ac824683cff40e1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 04:21AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 04:13?AM (MST)

Nate, the week I got my camera I went up to Wyoming to take photos of antelope. Here are a couple of typical photos I took that day.

It was middle of he day, good, filtered light, close animals (20 yards or less) and these photos were shot on the 64 ISO setting. They look to me like they were shot on the 6400 ISO setting in poor light.

The day I shot these photos I got so discouraged I switched to my DSLR even though its too noisy at that close range, as I wanted to get some good photos and it wasn't happening with the Nikon P90. I contributed that to user error and not knowing the camera well enough. But I since have studied the manual, changed settings to about every combination I could and still get the same resluts. (Just poor photos)!

Here's two examples of my antelope photos. I have done nothing with them except crop them so they show the animal larger. They were picked random from the photos I took with that camera that day. Notice there is poor color like you mentioned, no sharpmess to the photo and just very poor quality for the conditions and beiing at such close range.

I could not be more disappointed. I feel much like you. I have no problem with Cameraland as such, but do with the camera. I spent over 30 days in Colorado taking elk, bear and various other wildlife photos and did not walk away with one good photo from this camera. I did get some with my DSLR which at the end of he hunt was all I carried as I was so disappointed with the results of the P90.

4ac86cb85adaea0d.jpg

4ac86cfb5b8d4129.jpg

This next photo is one taken with my old Panasonic FZ-50, taken on the same day and under the same conditions. I shot very few photos that day with this camera, as the battery was not charged and I didn't really plan on using it since I had my new camera. Again I just chose it randomly. I only cropped the photo, nothing else. Notice the difference in detail and one can see why Nate and I are so disappointed!

4ac8722c681f6b1d.jpg

Tony the photos are just poor. Poor color, poor clarity, just flat poor photos. I don't know the problem other than I sure expected them to be far, far better than what I got. After spending all that time and sitting and walking for days its very disappointing to have missed such great opportuinities to get at least a few great photos. I had elk and bear at very close range and yet the photos suck. I don't have the answer as to what is wrong, I just know something is not as it should be.

When I can take decent photos with one camera, but can't get even one with another, I would say its something besides operator error, although I do make lots of errors and I will admit that. But I know in this case, its the camera. I just don't know why. I wished I had, as it sure caused me to miss some great opportunities.

Have a good one. BB

As my Mom always told me, the proof is in the taste of the pudding. To me the Nikon pudding tastes like crap!

So what's the answer Joel? Cameraland?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]Nate, as long as you shoot on automatic, you'll likely get similar results with any camera.

While there may have been full sunlight in the horse pic, the shadows on the horses' right side indicate the sun was high to the left and slightly behind the horses. IOW, a classic case of bad lighting.

The camera attempted to set the exposure based on that lighting. That's why the sky appears washed out; the camera tried to compensate for the ultra dark horses. That is normal for very contrasty backlit subjects. It's impossible to get both the highlights and shadows well exposed in such a situation.

For the elk photo, the exposure is actually pretty good, but because of the low light (perhaps even overcast?) the contrast and color saturation will be lacking. Under good lighting conditions, the result should be much different.

I looked at the specs for P90. To get the best photo you need to select the FINE setting and LARGEST image size, Also, unless you're in extremely low light, choose an ISO of 64 or 100, NOT auto!

One other thing:

With the 24X zoom, getting sharp photos will be a challenge at the upper ranges unless you put the camera on a tripod. Even though the P90 has IS, it will not be a savior for handheld photos at the higher zoom ranges. You can normally tell if camera movement was the problem in regards to sharpness if everything in the photos appears soft or out of focus. In contrast, a photo where the main subject is not in focus but something else in the photo is usually means shooting in auto mode where the camera focused on the wrong area of composition. For example, a bush in front of the main subject might cause this.

This will especially come into play in a low-light situation if you shoot in auto mode and allow the camrea to choose the f-stop. If it selects a large one like f2.8, the depth of field will be quite narrow.

Now here's a smaller version of the original you had sent me by email.

The absence of a shadow under your hat and the white eye of the deer seems to indicate the use of a flash maybe? Because of the dark background, it resulted in slight over-exposure.

All I did was spend a couple minutes on it by adding a bit of sharpness and adjusting the color saturation, levels setting and contrast with PS. I e-mailed the original with the same adjustments.

4ac8b2ed2a22dd13.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I'm with ya Billy. Here are a couple shots I took in Africa last year with my old 6mp Sony. No comparison.

4ac8b3832d1cd45a.jpg

4ac8b3d83134b835.jpg

Here is one I also took of an antelope doe at a about 30 yards, full sun, with the Nikon.

4ac8b47833b00102.jpg

Tony,
Thanks for the insight. I am certainly willing to admit this is operator error, but if that is the case, then the Nikon is simply more finicky. My old camera was a no brainer on auto. It always seemed to take good shots without me having to change a thing.

I'm not camera smart enough to use all the different settings to my advantage. I thought that was what "auto" was for so I just switched it there and figured the camera's "brain" would do the work. I will use your suggestions and try again. Thanks a lot.

Well heck, that would explain a lot. I'll need to figure out how to switch it back. I thought it was on auto.

Tony I shot all of mine a full size and never took one photo on automatic and I still could not get one decent single photo from the camrea.

I went through some of the photos I shot the day I took photos of antelope in Wyoming near mid August.

Here's a photo I took with my Olympus E-3. Of all the photos I took that day of antelope, this is probably about the worst one I took that day with my Olympus.

I would have liked to hope that the best I could take with a point and shoot, would equal or surpass the worst I took with my Olympus, but as you can see they aren't even close in quality, focus, crispness or color.

Have a good one. BB

4ac8c17d044cc77a.jpg

Tony,
I checked and it was on the 12 mp setting. It was on Normal and I changed it to fine so hopefully that will help but it was not on 3 mp. Bummer, as I was hoping that would be the simple explanation.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]BB,

Obviously I'm at a disadvantage since

A: I 'm not looking at the original files
B: I don't have the P90 in hand to run any sort of tests.

That said, I do agree that the photos posted aren't that great. I just don't know why. I could say it's the camera, especially since two of you seem to have problems. On the other hand, all the samples on Steve's Digicams seem to be the complete opposite.

Before I bought my Canon DSLR, I was using an 1.3MB Olympus 2100 with a 10X zoom. The two photos below were shot within minutes of each other in South Africa. I did NOTHING to either of them except reduce the size to under 300K to upload here. Both were taken on the auto setting, and one was a hit while the other was a miss.

4ac8d07b6b078425.jpg

4ac8d0996b84a139.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]A bit more to chew on:

All of the settings -- ISO, fine/normal/ and file size -- work together in regards to the final file size. The lowest ISO, fine setting and 12mb selected will increase the final result to the best you can get. Change any of them or shoot on full PROGRAM auto and you get whatever the camera decides is best. So I suggest you learn how to use the other three listed below.

I would use Shutter P for moving subjects and Aperture P when I want more depth of field. The Auto at the bottom is probably the one you would use in most situations. It should control exposure and focus but should NOT alter your ISO, fine/normal/ and file size settings like the Program mode does.

Exposure Modes Programmed Auto (P)
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
Manual (M)
Auto

I would set the items in caps/bold below.

Image Quality - FINE, Normal, Basic
Image Size - 12M, 8M, 5M, 3M, 2M, 1M, PC, TV, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
Optimize Image - NORMAL, Softer, Vivid, More Vivid, Portrait, Custom, Black-and-white
White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy,
Flash
ISO Sensitivity - Auto, High ISO sensitivity auto, FIXED RANGE AUTO, 64 or 100, (you might have to change to a higher ISO occasionally in low-light situations) , 200, 400,
800, 1600, 2000, 3200, 6400 (3M only)
Metering - Matrix, Center-weighted, Spot or Spot AF area
Continuous - Single, Continuous, BSS, Multi-shot 16, Interval timer
Auto Bracketing - Off, �0.3, �0.7, �1.0
AF area mode - Face Priority, Auto, Manual, CENTER
AF Mode - Single AF or Full-time AF
Flash exp. comp. - �2EV in 1/3EV steps
Noise reduction - Auto or On
Distortion control - Off or On
Active D-Lighting - High, Normal , Low, Off
Save User Settings - User 1, User 2
Reset User Settings - Reset 1, Reset 2

THEN... read the manual thoroughly and run some tests, using different setting under the SAME lighting conditions.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Tony I appreicate your interest and input. I am at loos too.

I do have a good friend of mine who in many way's is a genius and one way he is that way is with computers, and camera knowledge. He told me that Panasoinc and Cannon had by far the best processors (whatever they are, and that Nikon's processor was not adequate to handle the 12 mp its rated at. I don't know if he's right or not, but he showed me photos take with his 6 power cannon and the beat everything to heck that the 12mp Nikon shot. I don't know if its the processor or what, but I know its someting!

Again thanks for all you input.

Keep up the good work and keep posting the great photos you do. It helps us all that are trying to learn this difficult endeavor.

Have a good one BB

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 12:06PM (MST)[p]Well, maybe that's one reason I never used Nikon. :)

Other then the OLY 2100, I've been a Canon user for 40 years, but about a year ago, I bought a 10MB Panasonic DMC-LX3 from Cameraland because of it's 24MM, 2.0 WA lens. I wanted a smaller camera for taking photos in a boat or in the field. It does real well at both and also does good at the scenics and other stuff.

The nice thing is it also has a RAW mode, which is what I always use.

Here are a few samples under various lighting conditions. These are greatly compressed JPGs from the original RAW files.

Nightime under stadium lights. No flash.

4ac8dcbb34ca6dd9.jpg

Indoors, no flash

4ac8dd1636734611.jpg

4ac8de2d3e368ea6.jpg

On the golf course in bright sun

4ac8dd9138b72a13.jpg

A sunset

4ac8ddfd3d66cd9d.jpg

Difficult lighting with bright outside in background

4ac8deb2402f6b89.jpg

Lastly, the reason I bought it. This with fill-flash!

4ac8df2b427027c3.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Damn I have a lot to learn. Thanks Tony!

I guess I just got lucky with the previous camera. All I ever did was turn the thing on, switch to auto and snap away. I rarely got a bad picture. Maybe I just need some practice with this Nikon. Or it's a processor issue like Billy mentioned. The jury is still out.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-09 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]I have been shopping for a camera to and I have to admit I have 2 buds that had issues with their Nikons P90 just like you had. One told me that they had a plastic lens and he definately didn't like the photo quality he was getting and the other said he threw his out ( which i doubt). Now these guys previously owned a Canon IS 20 (I think) that took very good pics and the other one owned a Sony that took good pics. Both had issues taking good pics this summer with the Nikons. I don't understand this at all there have been several threads on here where all the pics I've seen from the Nikons looked pretty good. I have and old Olympus C750 that takes better pics than either of those new Nikons they used even on full auto and My wifes panasonic FZ 7 with Leica lens smokes all of them. The issue here for us is that none of us have your expertise Tony or that of some of the other guys but it shouldn't be that difficult with these newer cameras. IMO or should it? I was looking for a panasonic FZ 28 but it's no longer in production, so the P90 was a consideration. These are supposed to be point and shoot cameras aren't they?

good point boskee!

I must admit, I should have done a bit more research before buying. I went off of specs only, and on paper the Nikon's specs look best of class. I just wish those great specs delivered better results. I've spent the last day messing with the thing on all different settings. I've got it to where the outdoor, full-sun pics are better and almost acceptable (switching from normal to fine) but still not great. The low light pics are still lousy, regardless of setting. Frustrating. Hopefully I can return it and exchange it.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-09 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]I just randomly did a review search on the Nikon P-90 and here's a part of the first reveiw I read. It does say some good stuff about the P-90 but overall here's what was said and it pretty much aligns with my experience and with what BigPIG is saying and experienced.

The Coolpix P90 is Nikon?s latest offering in the super-zoom camera arena. It may have one of the largest zoom lenses on a fixed lens camera (24X optical zoom) but that doesn't make it the best camera out there in the market.

Then there are things like 12 megapixels of resolution, a huge 3 inch LCD that you can tilt up/down for unusual shooting angles and full manual controls. Ergonomics and build quality were both good; I especially appreciate the rear command dial, and there are also two mode dial positions where you can store your favorite settings on. On the negative side, the Coolpix P90 isn't the type of camera which you can soup up with many accessories ? the camera doesn't support lens hoods, filters, conversion lenses and external flashes? so the only thing you can add on is an AC adapter.

Apart from that, the P90 has features you'll find in the typical year 2009 camera, including face, smile, blink and motion detection, automatic scene mode selection and D-Lighting (brightens your photos). There are plenty of scene modes, automatic shooting and help tooltips available at your disposal, in case you're not ready fiddle around with all the camera?s settings just yet.

The Nikon Coolpix P90 performed pretty well in terms of shooting speed but has a burst mode with rather limited buffer. Battery life was utterly underwhelming as well, with every other ultra-zoom camera out there having at least 2 times the battery life. In addition, Nikon has a bad habit of skimping on details about your photos ? the camera doesn't display any shooting details in playback, and barely anything in shooting mode.

Another thing we know for sure is that the Nikon Coolpix P90 is NOT a ?bridge? camera. To be frank, the camera?s movie mode sucks. You can record VGA movie clips with mono sound and that's pretty much it. You can't use zoom at all, or focus, and not even sensor-shift image stabilization. To add to the disappointment, the video-audio sync issue that's been plaguing Coolpix cameras for the past few years is STILL here!

Image quality is the final blow to the Nikon Coolpix P90. Image quality isn't good at all. While high levels of lens distortion are expected for zoom lenses that cover such a large range, prominent edge softness in photos and visible noise at low ISO speeds are inexcusable. Chromatic aberration is noticeable as well and the camera doesn't perform well in low-light (in terms of image quality and focusing speeds at telephoto).

The Nikon Coolpix P90 may look professional on the outside and pretty on paper, but the truth is, it isn't as great as it seems. Movie mode, battery life and especially image quality (the utmost important criteria of a digital camera) are three of the various crucial areas where a camera needs to perform well in order to fight off the competition? and the unfortunate part is the Coolpix P90 falls short of all three. And to make things worse, the camera doesn't even have any features which stand out from the crowd, which makes letting go of the P90, and going for the competition instead, an easier choice to make.

I am going to continue to learn what I can and will report my findings as honestly and unbiased as possible.

Thanks for the input from everyone and let this be a warning to all to be sure to check out in advance the camera on which you have your hopes set. Had I known about these issues I would never have purcdhased the Nikon P90. If a camera cant' possibly take a good photo, then why would someone, whose main purpose to upgrade, was for photo quality, purchase one? Why would one be told it was the top camrera in its class?

I am still waiting to hear the answer to these questions. Hoefully Cameraland or one of its employees will soon answer our quesstions.

Have a good one. BB

I went to Amazon.com and looked at the P-90. If you scroll down the page you can read reviews on the camera, and there seems to be a lot of them with all kinds of opinions. You guys might be interested in reading them.
I just got the Nikon D-5000 for digiscoping so I am interested in hearing more about your experiences with the P-90. fatrooster.

the problem with the very first shot posted bigpen is not the camera, that images is just simply over exposed because the meter read the dark trees, etc and choose the wrong exposure. . .

Here's what a die hard Nikon user said about this camera.

"I tried out this camera, excited because I found a comparable Nikon to my canon S3IS that I could now have all Nikon equipment. I was VERY disappointed with this camera's autofocus feature and with how slow it focused, as well as the LCD screen resolution - it seemed to vibrate and was not very clear. It simply would not focus properly and would not focus on what I desired. It was honestly the biggest disappointment I have ever had in a Nikon product. I own 5 Nikon cameras, a Nikon F3 HighEyepoint, a D50S, two D80s and a point and shoot. I love all my other cameras, but this one, no - and it went back to the store."

I am still waiting for the Cameraland crew to read this and help me resolve my problem. I am surprised they don't keep an eye on this stuff. I have noticed Joel reads a lot of posts when people want to prurchase a camera, so I suspect he will soon read these posts and reslove the problem.

Have a good one. BB

Most new digitals have settings to adjust your preference on color intensity and contrast. Make sure you have them set on the most vivid setting if you want more color intensity. Learn to use photo shop for fine tuning.I just purchased the new canon sx20 and tried it at a Raider game and am very impressed with the 20x optical zoom as well as the HD movie mode. I am just learning the camera and got some great action shots. Can't wait to use it on my hunt to Wyoming this year!Here is your picture with about two minutes of work on photo shop.

4acca24257daa564.jpg

Yep that is definitely better. I was able to get somewhat acceptable shots by using the retouch setting on the camera itself. That improved things but it sure would be nice if the camera would have just taken a decent picture in the first place. I was also able to polish some up with software too, but that is time consuming when you have a lot of pictures.

I never had to do much retouching at all with my older camera and that is the image quality I expect. I don't think that is too much to ask.

I have your same Cannon on the way so hopefully it will be an improvement.

I'm very happy with it. Now that I'm getting used to it I should get some very good wildlife shots. Here are a couple of the first pictures I took with it and remember these are from seats in the stands.

4accfe8d354f7c36.jpg

4accfee5382f6e37.jpg

4accff303c88758b.jpg

Of course, as we agreed upon we will switch it out for the FZ35, as you requested. I still believe the P90 is an excellent camera. I have sold tons of them to people who print their images at our store and the results are terrific. Any camera can have problems, thats why we take care of our customers the way we do.
Your camera came back today after I left and I am back on Thursday and I will over night the FZ35 as we discussed and you will have it for the weekend.

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

Here's a post just to set the record straight.

I talked with Joel and told him I was very unhappy with my camera and he told me to send it back and he would exchange it for FZ-35. I received the camera on Friday and yesterday I went to Wyoming to shoot some antelope photos.

I can't say if it was the individual camera or that model. I guess I will never know. I just know the one I got was the pits when it came to trying to get a good photo with it.

I can say the photos from the Panasonic FZ-35 are everything I hoped for and more. Here as just a couple examples, which show, when compared to the Nikon photos I posted above, why I was so disappointed in the P90.

I've used a Panasonic for years and so I thought I could figure things out so I didn't even take the manual with me. But they made quite a few changes and some stuff I could not figure out. I'm sure once I get this figured, that I can really take some great photos with it.

Joel also enclosed a very nice camera bag, which was over and above what I expected. Many thanks to Joel and Camerland, from a now Happy Camper.

Here's are just a few examples of the photos from this little camera. I just choose the first 4 I liked. There are tons more and many are much better than these. I will post a few of them on my 2009 antelope thread.

It also takes some great video and its very easy to use. But my computer won't play it. Can anyone tell me if I need to get a new video card, or can download a fix or a program that will allow that?

Have a good one. BB

4adbddf778aae580.jpg

4adbde247a8c9330.jpg

4adbde5b7c69e0b1.jpg

4adbde7a7d62031d.jpg

P.S. I would highly recommend, that anyone wanting to start into wildlife photography really consider the Panasonic FZ-35. It takes outstanding photos for a point and shoot and is very easy to use. It's small, light and very inexpensive and when you turn off all the bells and whistles, its super quite for those times one gets really close.

Awesome Billy, I hope I am as happy with the the Canon I have on the way as an exchange. What setting were you using on those pics?

>Awesome Billy, I hope I am
>as happy with the the
>Canon I have on the
>way as an exchange.
>What setting were you using
>on those pics?

Did you pick up a G11?

I was looking at this camera and now don't know which one to look at,I have a Panasonic FZ30 now

The answer is the NEW Nikon P100. They have switched from a CCD sensor to a CMOS, same as the SLR's. It can now shoot at 10 frames per second and the dynamic range has increased and the pictures rival any entry SLR on the market. This camera is awesome. It is a 10MP (means less grain in low light) with a huge 26x zoom and a 3" screen. The color range is amazing and it is tack sharp from edge to edge. It will make the P90 a distant memory.
It is a great deal for MM members with a 4 gig SDHC card, Nikon Case, Nikon 2 year Extended warranty and an extra battery for 399.99 shipped in the USA

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

I looked at some reviews on the P100 and the picture quality was so so.My main uses will be outdoors and the kids in sports.I want it to shoot multiple frames,don't really care if it has video.Has anyone tried the P100

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom