Now What?

CraigS

The Arizona Game & Fish Commission continues to be lead by unknown sources. First, they wanted to take our archery elk permits & split them. Then they wanted to do basically the same thing with the rut couse deer hunts. Now they are going to put a season on MT. Lions!

Yes, a season on lions Sept. 1st - May 31st.
Now some of you may say who cares let them do it, its too hot & people don't hunt them any way. Wrong, people do hunt them during the summer, maybe not that many people but there are some people who do. Most of the lions harvested in the summer months are lions that have made kills on livestock. With this new season a rancher will now have to go through the process of obtaining a special permit. This costs the hunter valuable time, as every minute counts when you are hunting lions in the heat. The longer it takes to get the hounds on the track the less likely you are to harvest that animal.

The Game & Fish have come up with an interesting biological reason to help justify this season. They state that this is when the cubs are just born & less pressure is needed. The contradiction is here, they also state that hunting pressure is minimal during this time period. Umm!!!!
Then, why do we need a season if the hunt pressure is minimal. Can you say California all over again!! Also, their big argument for the split in elk & deer permits was to increase hunter opportunity, how does this increase hunter opportunity?

CAN YOU SAY "MORE MONEY" BY SELLING MORE TAGS. THERE IS YOUR INCREASED HUNTER OPPORTUNITY.

RELH

Wasn't this just for units with no harvest objectives, and units with harvest objectives will continue all season?

CAN YOU SAY CHILL OUT. re-read what it says. AZdesertbird is right, it is not for all units, only certain ones. It IS NOT a statewide proposal.

I'm actually more concerned about the Coues tags! Read my post in the general forum and the coues forum. "Protect our December Coues tags" I hate what they are trying to do with our December tags. I could understand lowering the tags by 50-100 but all the way down to 50? That is just extreme! Check out my other post.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom