NV 075 elk

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-10 AT 04:10PM (MST)[p]My wife had that tag a few years back and if your tag is a rifle tag, it's a tough hunt. As you know, access is tough, to say the least. To make matters worse, after the archery, muzzle and cow seasons the bulls migrate to private ground. BUT, there are still bulls to be found. We spent hours glassing from the highest peaks and the valley bottoms and we located bulls every day. On the Mary's River side you can access private ground above Tabor Creek and hug the boundary, glass high. Loomis Mountain always has some holdouts as well and when pressured their preferred escape route is south west through the saddle. In addition, the sagebrush bowls north of HD summit, relatively close to the highway always hold some bulls. We had permission to hunt the Antelope Ranch (I think that is what it is called) which gave us access to the west side on Antelope Mountain which can hold bulls, but we didn't have much luck there on her hunt. If you would like, I can give you contact information if you want to PM me. My wife ended harvesting a decent bull, but she worked her butt of for it -- Good Luck and be prepared to see some nice muleys!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom