Ogden Moosie

Stubaby

Very Active Member
I am new to this site and I love it. There are tons of people who know thier stuff. I will some day have all the answers for others...so here is my question. I grew up in Ogden and spent tons of time on the back side of Ben Lomond and Snowbasin. I also spend lots of time in Paris and Bloomington canyons in Idaho by bear lake. My family also has property in Scare Canyon off of ant flat road. I think I have seen some good bull moose in my day. I need to take some pictures of the bulls I have seen. Does anybody have any good pics of Ogden Unit moose(dead or alive)? I would like to see what one is and what to look for. I only have 4 points, so it will be a while till I draw this tag....But I just want make sure that when I say to myself "That's a nice bull"...it really is.

Thanks

Stuart

Stu
I don't have any pics to throw out yet but when i am up sleding this year I will try to grab you a couple. I stay at my buddy's cabin in scare canyon and have seen a few heading up there and on some of our rides. Haven't seen any ginormous bulls up there yet but have been told they run up there.
Good Luck and Great Memories

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-08 AT 00:30AM (MST)[p]Here is one we killed last fall 2007. Hunter was Ben Munoz from Delta Colorado

4902bc424bd2d20f.jpg

4902bd0a4e2e13d8.jpg

4902bc914c7e47c3.jpg

UThunting,
Did that moose come off of public or private? I am looking for access to some good moose country in the Ogden area and would be willing to pay a tresspass fee. it would be for my father who has 14 points. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Cody

Muley_73

I only hunt public ground if you are interested and your father draws a tag let me know. I have guided 4 Moose hunts on the Ogden river this is the second best bull we have taken I will try and get the other photos posted.. I will say one thing about the Ogden River Unit there is a lot of Small Bulls you will get thinking that there is not a Big Bull on the Unit and will shoot a Small Bull if you do not wait until the last days of the hunt. It is easy to kill a small bull there as a small bull will look good until its on the ground...

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah
801-725-5262

Stuart
Here is my 2008 Ogden Moose. Great hunt although this seemed like a tough year in the Ogden unit. As other have said you have to look past a lot of small bulls. I shot this one with one week left.

4906853636120578.jpg

WOW.....great pics guys. Thanks a lot. If anybody else has pics put them up. The ones I have seen are about half way in between those two bulls. I live in MT right now but would love to draw that Ogden tag even as a non-resident. The bulls I have seen here in MT are not even close to the bulls I see when I go home to Ogden and head up the canyons.
One time I was riding my quad up to the towers above Farmington and a bull was standin in a clearing. He ran about 30 yards toward me then tore apart this bush like it was nothin. It was sweet. I love Moose and can't wait to one get that once in a life-timer.
Stu

SaltCreek3D

That bull is a monster for what I have seen come out this year you should be very happy with him as like you said this year was very very hard on you moose hunters in the Ogden unit.. I just hope that this winter the moose dont go back down in the valley and get shipped to Colorado again this year....

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom