Ok guys Here is you muzzleloaders a question

HighDesert

I am sitting here with 2 of the best muzzleloader Rut tags in Oregon The North Warner Muzzleloader and Klamath Falls Muzzleloader. I am considering letting these go as self guided hunts. What is a fair price to ask for a 8 year draw muzzleloader tag and camp and a 6 year draw with camp. Any input here would be appreciated. I know that the tag itself is worth something that is what i am inquiring about.
Dave

What is the quality of bulls taken in each hunt, and what would the hunting conditions be? For example: Can you expect to see 300+ bulls in each unit? Do you hunt from a camp set up on a road, or would you have to pack in 5 miles?

Let me get this straight. You have personally drawn these tags after waiting that long and not only are you willing to sell them, but they are transferrable to another person?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Just for the clarification. I presume these are buck tags, not elk. Both tags should bring a pretty penny. The North Warner is the better of the two. My guess would be $2,500-3,500 for the N. Warner and somewhere less than that for the K-falls hunt. This all depends on the services you're offering (meals, camp, any trespass rights?) Alot of variable's to consider in the final asking price. Both hunts can be top of the line hunts if the right private land access is included. You can look into Garth Carter's service and here on this site and get a feel for an appropriate price.

Good luck.

PS. I'd give my right........ear for the North Warner tag.

oh alright, I'll give ya $500 for the North Warner. Don't know what you'd rather have...Duckdude's right ear, or my 500 greenbacks. But that's my final offer. :)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-05 AT 03:29PM (MST)[p]In Oregon, a landowner tag is only good on the landowner's property. It only takes 160 acres to get a landowner tag--it might not be worth $10 let alone $1,000 depending on the property.

And don't forget, residents get in with rifle get a tag every 3 years....anyway, it looks like oregon screwed non-residents out of rifle tags in that unit in 2004. Only 1 non-resident got a tag out of 104 tags issued. I think that's only more fodder for USO's lawsuits....Oregon you'd think would issue up to 5% of the tags like they imply they will.

Bill quit talking that rifle stuff LOL and I will not deal with Ranch tags so let me Reword this Unit Wide Rut Hunt Muzzleloader tag LOL. Iam just trying to get a good idea what it is worth as i have this years tag pretty well already set in Price i am looking towards next years tag as what to ask for it
Dave

Highdesert,

The price that your tags are worth are what you are willing to provide in the way of a successfull hunt, i.e. preseason scouting, accomadations and most of all how you do this year. That can be good advertisement for your tags next year.

Cabuck

After that many years I'd have to keep the tag and HUNT HARD!
But to each their own, good luck.

Lien2

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom