Old Knife found 20 years ago.

brutus54

I know this is a long shot but back 20 years ago we didn't have social media like we do today. I found this knife while I was hunting in Colorado laying on the ground. If somebody can tell me about where they lost it I will gladly get it back to them. Who ever lost it knows about where their were at the time. I know 20 years ago is a long time and maybe who ever lost it has passed. But maybe somebody knows who may of lost it. I know whoever it was knew as soon as they got back to camp or their truck or needed it noticed their sheath was empty on their belt. It is weathered on one side so it must of been there a couple of years. I posted this on a couple of Colorado Facebook sites also. :D

89679img2099.jpg

3875img2100.jpg

Good post. It would be cool if you got to return it. If it was mine, a reward would be gratefully offered.

Well this is a long shot... a real long shot but I lost a buck knife down in the cedars at the foot of Baxter Pass. My family called it salt wash as I recall. Family took a lot of nice bucks there. We use to go to Mack and little west of there turned right and went North on County roads and then West of the Baxter Pass road.

>Well this is a long shot...
>a real long shot but
>I lost a buck knife
>down in the cedars at
>the foot of Baxter Pass.
>My family called it salt
>wash as I recall. Family
>took a lot of nice
>bucks there. We use to
>go to Mack and little
>west of there turned right
>and went North on County
>roads and then West of
>the Baxter Pass road.

Nope sorry.:D

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-19 AT 07:45AM (MST)[p]Quality knife, holds its value. I won't say the brand. Would love to see the owner get a nice Christmas ?miracle?.

On a related topic, did anyone find the hundred dollar bill I lost over there in Grand Mesa? Not sure if it was 98 or 99, but if you found it let me know. Could have blown anywhere since, so really, just let me know regardless. ;-)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-19 AT 02:17PM (MST)[p]On a side note this knife was found on private property. But the property owners aren't worried about what happened 20 years ago. :D Just in case somebody doesn't want to come forward because of that. :D

I own a similar knife, same handle but with a serrated blade. It was my late father's and was given to me about 45 yrs ago.

While you are searching for the knife's owner, I hope that someone will find my camera that I lost on the Uncompahgre (GMU 62) in 2007. It contains all of the pictures that we took of my Son with his first elk. Yes, I reported the loss to the Colorado Wildlife folks.

My great great grandfather lost his 1873 winchester in eastern Nevada east of Ely about 1900.....leaned it against a tree while drunk....then couldn't find it. I still have hopes someone will find it.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-19 AT 09:10AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-19 AT 08:57?AM (MST)

>My great great grandfather lost his
>1873 winchester in eastern Nevada
>east of Ely about 1900.....leaned
>it against a tree while
>drunk....then couldn't find it. I
>still have hopes someone will
>find it.....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I don't know if your serious or not? But here you go. :D

http://www.winchesterguns.com/news/...found-against-a-tree-at-great-basin-nati.html

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom