One Last look...

B

Bura Nut

Took one last scouting trip to see if the buck/bucks were still in the same spot they have been. Well, they were there sunday morning, so nobody pushed them out of my Honey Hole. I did not see the big big one with alot of mass, but we did see 6 bucks one around 85 so I am planning a full scale assault this friday morning on this little hill. I sure hope the two shooters we have seen are there waiting for me. There is a muley hunt going on right now, but doubt anyone will mess with this hill and spook the coues. I was worried that the first coues hunt on Oct. 25th that someone would mess up my deer, but nobody seems to have bothered with this spot......PLEASE Coues gods...... Allen......

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-02 AT 02:08PM (MST)[p]NO PROB ALLEN. YOUR HARD WORK WILL PAY OFF. I PLAN ON HEADING DOWN WED MORNING. LOOKS LIKE I WILL HEAD STRAIGHT FOR THE WINCHESTERS. ALL DAY THURS I WILL WORK ON A GAME PLAN FOR FRI MORNING. I HAVE A FEW MORE DAYS OF MULE DEER HUNTING WITH MY CA BUDS. WE HAVE ONE DOWN AND ONE TO GO. BAGGED A 20" TALL 20" WIDE FORKY LAST EVENING. HE WAS HAPPY. BAG THAT 100"ER LATER JD

I hope you're able to bag the biggen Fri morning...if not, I'll be down to find your big deer for you! Since you can't seem to locate and sizable bucks without me...I'll come down and show you where they are...

Good luck, be safe and see you Sat...maybe! Let me know!

Scott G.

PS...there were some nice deer and that one 85'er was a nice deer, but would like to see him bag the big one with mass...he prob goes 100"s!

Good luck Bura! I'll be thinking of you this Friday morning while I am WORKING!!!!

My unit 23 muley hunt was a bust. Didn't find anything worth shooting. Saw lots of does & two little bucks. It had been several years since I had been drawn for 23, and there were more hunters in my private honey hole than in the past. Imagine the nerve of these folks; infringing on my hunt like that!! :) Oh well, that's public land hunting for you.... I saw some 'big buck' sign, but was never able to get a look at anything big.

Anyway, like I said, GOOD LUCK to you this weekend!

S.

buranut

good luck....and pray the coues will be there...have u shot one?

good luck...how long your season will be?

vinihunt

JD: I hope your final Colorado buck goes fine, and most importantly you shoot a big coues (I still hope mine is bigger). Stanley, I saw alot of people last year in 23, I think more people is inevitable, sorry you didnt see anything big. I am really pumped, and being a "Coues Virgin", hopefully my first will be my most favorite, and big....The hunt is from the 8th to the 17th. I hope I need PW to pack out a huge one...... Allen......

Allen,

Pray,Pray and Pray some more and hopefully it will be a great success for you. My hunts did not go good this year but that's the way it goes. Made up for it on the 'slots' on the way home.

Good luck on the hunt Bura...

We'll be waiting for the pictures come Monday mornin'!

Be safe out there and smile BIG fer da camera!

Regards,

Chef

Bura,
Good luck on your hunt I also went out for one last look this weekend and saw a couple of bucks, nothing really big though, Hope I get to see a few more during the season this coming weekend, look forward to pics and stories.

May the Coues Gods be with ya
Tagline

Allen I'm all ears, because i'm at a loss for trying to get a decent deer tag. I have to archery hunt for deer which is not my favorite attack method for these animals but i'll take it any way i can. Good luck on your whitetail hunt sounds like you got it down. Wish i could get out but my son has tonsil surgery this weekend and i will be grounded till he's well. Elk in 4A and 4B next weekend three hunters. Should be cold. Good luck again Gimme a call when you get back I'd like to hear about your hunt and those unit prospects.
Bugler

Be careful Bugler...he might send you to the Kaibab for monster coues, so he can keep his honey hole a secret! hehe...

Actually, Bura has been doing very extensive research and more then his share of homework in regards to these little buggers. He's quite knowledgable about them and just keeps increasing his knowledge of them. Why do you think I'm willing to help??? hehe...but I do find the big ones for him! So when you get a unit, I'll help you find a big one to shoot!

Oh...what's the story about Dec deer? Any ideas? Let me know!

Scott G.

Scott, We are definately going to archery hunt, Dylan said he isnt even going to hutn deer with his rifle this year and he has a 36c tag, he wants one of those big muleys from down south. He said he wants to hutn with a bow, I dont know bout him sometimes but even if he hutns witha rifle and bags one he will turn me onto this spot, Otherwise we wil probably hunt somewhere in 24A or 37B. As soon as i get back from Wisconsin Deer huntin I will call you and we will get it all worked out. Allen is welcome to go as well and spot for you or me hehe, cuz i know he's got it in the bag for his whitetail hunt.
J.D.

I dont want to lose my "MO-JO" by saying I will do good this friday. I am superstitious when it comes to sports/hunting and dont want to screw anything up. I will spot for you guys when you are ready....... Allen.....

Bugler- YOu back yet? How'd you do? Let me know...I'm excited about archery deer...I need to work on a spot for Wyoming thou! I have until March 15th...hehe

Scott G.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom