One short of max for elk

bingo

Man, there are a lot of options out there with my points! I'm trying to gather info on the following units: 2, 19, 24, 53, 61, 78. I'm looking for my best opportunity unit for a 340 plus bull. I'm not against paying a trespass fee or using an outfitter if that's my best option.
Either a unit with trespass access during the late Sept archery, with the rifle following Oct 1, or a backcountry late season hunt guided, either would be awesome. Or, good access in 78 since that hunt is unique from the others.
If anybody has thoughts or good recommendations on people to call for any of these units, I would appreciate it.
I also have the same amount of points for deer and antelope and would be willing to pool those in the draw in the right situation. Best of luck to everyone in the draws this year! Ryan

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-16 AT 07:15AM (MST)[p]IMHO I would do your deer hunt this coming season down in Region G on a guided hunt and maybe even pool with someone else for your antelope and get that taken care of before using your elk PPs. You have way more PPs than needed for G and for antelope, so IMHO why wait and chance a bad winter that can mess those two animal numbers up quickly compared to elk that can withstand severe weather a lot better. Jut my thoughts if I had 9PPs.

I would not blow 9 points on 19. Way too much private, lots of people. I would however consider 16 at your point level.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom