Oregon Spring Bear

Redside

Well, it's about that time of year again, and I can hardly wait! Just wondering if there is anyone as jacked as I am about going bear hunting in about two weeks. Drew a Minam/Imnaha tag here in Oregon, and taking off the first week of the season. I seem to draw about every other year, but this will be two years since I've bear hunted and looking foward to busting my butt hiking up the breaks of the Imnaha River. Anyway hope the weather is good and hope everyone spring bear or turkey has a great time. Take it easy. Jeff

do you do pretty good that early in season? I drew a W. Blues. Plan on spending a weekend or two in April and a week and a half in May. Good Luck

It depends a lot on the weather. If it's still snowed in, and the hills don't have any green up, you will not see many bears out. In the last 10 years or so, early seems to be when we have seen all are bears. Two years ago I went hunting the last of April and the weather was more like late june. Saw one sow and two cubs and we put a lot of miles on. This year should be really good with all the snow and extra moisture. Good Luck to ya!

I also drew the minam/ Imnaha tag first year to hunt this unit it will be interesting. I was up in the lower minam country last weekend and it looks like the snow will be gone down lower. So we will see how many we find. There are a lot of deer and elk lower down on the ridges. I found a huge elk shed 6 point if he had the other side he would be around 320 pretty good find. From what i have been told the there are a lot of bears in the lower end of the minam we'll see if it is true. Good luck and shoot a big one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom