otc archery bull hunt

Codylee1985

I have been hunting deer near pagosa springs for the last 14 years but have always wanted to chase some bulls around up in the high country with my bow. I know that on aug 27 in az we are lucky if the bulls are even going into pre rut and was wondering what some of you guys might have to say about it...have a spot in mind on where to go so not seeking anyones sweet spots, just curious about the experience!

yep that's exactly what I was asking, just wasn't sure because it's usually mid september before they really get going down here in az. Makes sense though cause they prob have to get after it w the chance of decent snow up there come mid sept!

They aren't rutting hard by any means in late August. By mid to late September, the action is pretty good. Bulls can be called in late August and it could be a good strategy. Don't expect them to come in screaming. Because of the pressure in a lot of areas, bulls will have a tendency to shut down and it's not uncommon to hear of hunters who have travelled to CO to hunt to have not heard or seen a thing, even during the peak of the rut. Finding those out of the way pockets is the key, which may take a combination of effort, skill, location, and luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom