Pack horse service near Red River?

schmalts

I am going to solo archery hunt unit 53. scouted a bit last weekend and wow, that is some rough country. Anyone know of a pack horse service in that unit I can line up a fair price ahead of time so I don't get the "desperation price"?

where were you planning on hunting? I used to hunt a lot there. I might be able to help you out.

>where were you planning on hunting?
>I used to hunt a
>lot there. I might be
>able to help you out.
>

Sent you a PM, do you have horses?

My brother has talked to a couple packers and he lined up our guy last week. I will check with him and see if I can get you names and numbers. The prices were fair and typical of what we have paid in the past to pack out our bulls. Good luck on your hunt. We are ready and can't wait for September 11 to arrive.

WillPower

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

>My brother has talked to a
>couple packers and he lined
>up our guy last week.
> I will check with
>him and see if I
>can get you names and
>numbers. The prices were
>fair and typical of what
>we have paid in the
>past to pack out our
>bulls. Good luck on
>your hunt. We are
>ready and can't wait for
>September 11 to arrive.
>
>WillPower
>
>
>
>"My only regret in life is
>setting my goals too low"
>

Thanks, let me know ASAP. My plans have changed and I now am leaving on the 5th and hunting through the 12th. I called one place in Red river and they wanted 500$. That is steep in my book for just a pack out 3-6 miles deep, but if that is all I can find I may have to pay it. I am mostly worried about spoilage if it is warm

Hope everything is coming together for you. I wiil try and call you tommorrow to talk to you more if you want. I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to send you information on google earth.

S,

I have feeling we are talking to the same people. $500 is too much, when you just need one wrangler and a horse to get your bull out. Of course, if you want to ride out then thats 3 horses and will be pushing $500 anywhere. I believe they broke it down for us as $150 per horse, which is the going rate. So, are they quoting you 2 or 3 horses? Look forward to seeing the pictures of your bull. So, from your post, sounds like the country is as rough and steep as advertised.............Good luck on your hunt, I have done several solo hunts in several states, nothing like it really!

WillPower
-----------------------------------------------------------

John,

Here is the number of the guy (Dirk) who will assist in getting your trophy packed out of the wilderness. Talking with Dirk and his crew, it sounds like they really know the country out there. I hope your friend who going out hunting has a good trip, take care.

Red River Stables

575 754.1700

http://www.redriverstables.com/

Good Hunting,

Eddie

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

Thanks, I will keep that number but I think it was the same place I called. They quoted me 250 per horse excluding the rider. I do not need a horse myself, I will walk in and out with my camp on my back.
A lot of what I saw was steep and nasty but the tops leveled out above timber line real nice. I am hitting the high country and after a few days may drop down to rest in lower stuff. Time will tell, I am mobile and will move daily if I do not find the elk. My biggest regret is having to go early and deal with the full moon as well.

>Hope everything is coming together for
>you. I wiil try and
>call you tommorrow to talk
>to you more if you
>want. I am having a
>hard time trying to figure
>out how to send you
>information on google earth.
Tree, I will call you. I think I got most of it figured out on the roads and access areas through mapquest and loaded some points into GPS. I will call you tonight sometime.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom