Paradox , co. Last years fire

Mechuck

will last years fire affect the hunting this year? Good or Bad? for both deer and elk. I know its a tough hunt in 60. But heack at least we will be out in it!!!

I will be interested with what people say. I hunted this area 3 years ago when there was a fire burning but it did not affect me to much. I again drew an archery buck tag and I am stoked ready to hit the hills.

>You guys ever camp around Buckeye
>Reservoir? Cleanest outhouses on the
>planet! pc

Yeah. I camped by there. But my outhouse was a fallen tree. Nice and clean

Problem was they're stainless steel, and it was a very cold November morning. Ice everywhere. Well, I sat down and OMG I thought I was going to have to have my buddy throw warm water on the me and the seat!! Froze my A$$ off!! pc

Went up and rode around the fire area this weekend. It looks pretty good, the fire didn't kill the pines in most places. It just burned underbrush. Oak regrowth is abound 18" this year. Saw a couple of deer. Biggest problem (or advantage) you may have is the lack of water right now. Very dry in the area. Buckeye is drawn down to a puddle and the area hasn't had any rain for a while. Hopefully the weather patterns will change and we will start getting some rain. Bottom line, the burn area looks real nice and with some rain there should be some game in there.
Good luck!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom