Paramount ML

Trix4me

Very Active Member
I really liked my Paramount the way it was. What are you going to do with yours? (Utah)

I’m in Nevada. No scopes here. I bought a Paramount last year for my Utah hunt and didn’t realize it wasn’t setup for a front sight. Now I either need to sell it or have a gunsmith drill and tap the barrel for a front sight, which voids the warranty as per CVA.

Would sweating/soldering on the front ramp void the warranty? I would not trust epoxy like JB Weld, but it is a thought.

There are also band type sights for shotguns and ARs on the market.

Check out NECG. They make band ramp front sight bases in various barrel diameters and heights. They also make a rear peep sight that fits on Weaver/Picatinny bases.

One thing that sucks on the Paramount is that although it takes Remington 700 scope bases, the side of the receiver where the receiver sight goes has the bolt release.

One thing that sucks on the Paramount is that although it takes Remington 700 scope bases, the side of the receiver where the receiver sight goes has the bolt release.
Side mounted sights don’t work well on a rifle that’s ergonomically set up for scoped shooting. They sit so low that you have to smash your face in the gun to see. This is a good option.

IMG_9179.jpeg

If that base could clamp to a Picatinny rail.... The front sight night have to be really high, but not removing the base when switching between the scope and irons would be cool.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom