Parkers Perfect stop fogging solution

MULEYSTALKER

Has anyone used this stuff?? I'm having problems with my swarovski's fogging up so i called them and they recommended this solution. Has anyone used it and does it work? Does it leave residue on the lenses? I would appreciate any info. thanks

Never used the Parkers. I use Cat Crap and it works pretty well. However, it seems to only work for that outting and needs to be reapplied about daily. There is an art to applying the stuff too. To much and its like looking through vaseline. Too little and your fogged up.

I spent alot of time tring to find a anti-fog that actualy worked for use on my 08 elk hunt. I have to deel with fogging issues constantly as I wear glasses. I also lost a chance back on 05 at a 300"+ 6x6 in the timber as my heavy breathing foged up my scope.

I bought and tried while on my trip:
<>Cat Krap
<>Parkers
<>Bushnell wipes
<>Scope Dope
<>One other spray I can not recall
<>One other wipe I can not recall.

Bottom line, based on trying them all out while in WY for three weeks, none actually will prevent your glasses, rear scope objective, rear spotting scope objective, or your binos from fogging over during a worce case situation of exposure to your breath or body heat, or if any of your opticle surfaces are exposed to tempriture change. They will help a little, but my experience was my if I had to run my but off up the mountain and got hot, my glasses still foged over as well as my binos as i looked through them. The best cure i found for my glasses fogging was to scoot them as far down my nose as I could and was stillable to see out of them there by creating a large enough air jap that they only foged a little.

I even gave shaving cream a try on my back up glasses and it also did not work perfectly, but it worked at leat as good as the above OTC anti-fog.

Others my disagree, but I can only say what i experienced first hand.
Suprisingly I had several people suggest I give Rain-X anti-fog a try, but I simply could not bring my self to risk my optics ant-relective coatings by doing so.

Anyone else ever heard of or gave Rain-X Anti-fog a try? And does anyone know for 100% certian it wont dammage the coatings on the external lens surfaces?

Like I said I did not have the guts to risk my precious costly to replace optics to give the Rain-X a try.

>I spent alot of time tring
>to find a anti-fog that
>actualy worked for use on
>my 08 elk hunt. I
>have to deel with fogging
>issues constantly as I wear
>glasses. I also lost a
>chance back on 05 at
>a 300"+ 6x6 in the
>timber as my heavy breathing
>foged up my scope.
>
>I bought and tried while on
>my trip:
><>Cat Krap
><>Parkers
><>Bushnell wipes
><>Scope Dope
><>One other spray I can not recall
><>One other wipe I can not recall.
>
>Bottom line, based on trying them
>all out while in WY
>for three weeks, none actually
>will prevent your glasses, rear
>scope objective, rear spotting scope
>objective, or your binos from
>fogging over during a worce
>case situation of exposure to
>your breath or body heat,
>or if any of your
>opticle surfaces are exposed to
>tempriture change. They will help
>a little, but my experience
>was my if I had
>to run my but off
>up the mountain and got
>hot, my glasses still foged
>over as well as my
>binos as i looked through
>them. The best cure i
>found for my glasses fogging
>was to scoot them as
>far down my nose as
>I could and was stillable
>to see out of them
>there by creating a large
>enough air jap that they
>only foged a little.
>
>I even gave shaving cream a
>try on my back up
>glasses and it also did
>not work perfectly, but it
>worked at leat as good
>as the above OTC anti-fog.
>
>
>Others my disagree, but I can
>only say what i experienced
>first hand.
>Suprisingly I had several people suggest
>I give Rain-X anti-fog a
>try, but I simply could
>not bring my self to
>risk my optics ant-relective coatings
>by doing so.
>
>Anyone else ever heard of or
>gave Rain-X Anti-fog a try?
>And does anyone know for
>100% certian it wont dammage
>the coatings on the external
>lens surfaces?
>
>Like I said I did not
>have the guts to risk
>my precious costly to replace
>optics to give the Rain-X
>a try.

Shoot Rain X an E-Mail and ask them?

www.albinovest.com

I've tried a couple of anti-fog solutions, including Parkers, and found they all left a residue on the lens. In the end I opted for nothing and try to mitigate fogging thru other methods.

Muleystalker;
I have used catcrap myself, comes in a little red
case about the size of a quarter. I'm sure I don't do it just right but I get a small amount on my little finger touch it to my shirt, to remove some and polish each eye hole with it. I think it works great, you get a little puddle of water in the bottom of your eye cup, and I just tip it out ,I never wipe it.
I use it in arizona. I also keep warm and some what stop or at least stop a heavy flow of warm air from escaping at my neck by wearing the silk scarf that cowboys use. Sorry I don't know the correct name of it. One more trick while glassing, is I carry
empty mens dress socks. They weigh nothing and can be filled with dirt and drapped over you tripod for weight, when you are thru turn them inside out and away you go, now that really works great, try it!
Sorry for the lippy responce
Steve Cheuvront

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom