Pasta Fagioli

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I did the cooking the other day so got on YouTube and this sounded okay so I went to the store.

First, it's pronounced Fashioli, not how it's spelled. It's Italian.:)

Fry up some sweet Italian sausage and set aside. Statue some shredded onions and carrots and garlic. Add a couple cups of chicken stock and boil the vegetables until soft. Add one can of kidney beans and one can of northern white beans, drained and rinsed. Add the sausage. Cook about 3/4 cup of Ditalini pasta until done then add it to the pot. Serve and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. It's a pretty good winter time soup. Just as an afterthought I had bread and butter, and an avocado. Because why not???😃

fagioli 003.JPG

Don’t know how you say it but it looks tasty or if you wanna be…… Italio, it looks tastioli.

First, it looks pretty good. Second, all the old nanas from my New Jersey neighborhood would like your address. To come kick your butt for dispelling the traditional pasta e fagioli. It is a soup, so a little more juice!!

First, it looks pretty good. Second, all the old nanas from my New Jersey neighborhood would like your address. To come kick your butt for dispelling the traditional pasta e fagioli. It is a soup, so a little more juice!!
I got really confused when I was looking at recipes. I bet there's 20 Fagioli videos, all different, and they all claim to the original straight out of Italy. A lot of them called for tomato sauce. I did cut down on the liquid thinking I could add more later.

I did the cooking the other day so got on YouTube and this sounded okay so I went to the store.

First, it's pronounced Fashioli, not how it's spelled. It's Italian.:)

Fry up some sweet Italian sausage and set aside. Statue some shredded onions and carrots and garlic. Add a couple cups of chicken stock and boil the vegetables until soft. Add one can of kidney beans and one can of northern white beans, drained and rinsed. Add the sausage. Cook about 3/4 cup of Ditalini pasta until done then add it to the pot. Serve and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. It's a pretty good winter time soup. Just as an afterthought I had bread and butter, and an avocado. Because why not???😃

View attachment 134870
One of my old mans favorite meals he made it all the time in the winter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom