patched round balls?

I've had some very unsatisfactory results in 45 cal round balls. That being said if I had to use them or wanted to use them I'd go at least 50, and if it were my choice I'd use 54 or 58. I don't think you can get too big with round balls.

Of course shot placement is key, but even with good placement on hogs and whitetails my 45 was very dissapointing. Switch to maxi balls and a whole nuther story.

Jeff

Millions of deer & elk have been harvested with roundballs. I don't recommend hunting deer with less than 45-cal and don't recommend hunting elk with less than a 50 & don't recommend hunting a bear with a roundball period

Heck... the only way I recommend hunting bear with any muzzleloader bullet is with a competent backup pistol tucked away. I heard more than one horror story where "shot & upset" bear attacked the single-shot muzzleloader hunter. Fatalities have occurred on rare occasions.

............."KEEP YER' POWDER DRY FELLAS".............

I've recovered them from deer on a couple of occasions shot from my CVA .50. They look like you took a hacksaw and cut them right down the middle...realy wierd. Not much expansion, but they seem to do the trick with good shot placement. However, bad shot placement with round balls is a walkaway deer waiting to happen...unfortunately I know this from experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom