Plateau, Boulder- Circle cliffs

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
I was trying for another area when they sold out. So in a rush I pick up a cow tag for this area. Can anyone tell me anything about it ? Its no big deal. I just get to learn a new area. The hunt times are 10-5-13 to 1-31-14 .
Thanks for any info you can give me. John

I know the area well that late tag is good when there is snow the only thing is there is no access with atv's and stay on the roads I got a a $260.00 ticket there last year for just spending the night just off the road and was told there was no camping ended that hunt and had to go some place else bottom line don't leave the road cause they do patrol it alot any other questions give me me a PM. Good Luck
"GONE FISHIN WILL BE BACK FOR HUNTIN
SEASON"

Bdr
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was a area where you have to have snow to bring the elk in . It sounds like the more snow the better , then I can bring in snowmobiles and not get hassled . I will be staying at fish lake and driving down and back. I will make a few trips down and take the family to see the sights down there. Its always fun to do a little exploring. I did hunt the south end of the town of Boulder 20 years ago. I was along the burr trail around the fields.

Circle cliffs is quite a drive from fishlake just to hunt a cow! LIke he said above, access is limited and if theres not a good snowstorm, the elk will still be up the mountain! Best of luck to you, and pray for snow!

I have hunted it in the past. The Federal Ranger down there is gung ho to the point of being ridiculous.

I never left the road, got stopped 3 times in one day by the same ranger to check my hunting tag, my ATV tag and once more just for good measure I guess.

If you as much as pull up to a gate and park next to it (not blocking it) so you can walk in and hunt your going to hear from him.

His boss if much more reasonable. I would call the monument office and speak to the boss before going out there and then go armed with facts and a name to refer to. After my first trip out there I did just that and he was very decent and invited me to go back.

With little or no snow its tough going down there. There are some resident Elk though. Hunt close to the capital reef boundary as they travel back and forth across it.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom